Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

weird slimy green

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mmike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: weird slimy green
    Posted: September 22 2014 at 1:27pm
So there is a weird slimy light green almost clear thing looked like it was eating sand what is it and is it good or bad?
LaRue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaRue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2014 at 2:11pm
Pic?
mmike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2014 at 3:03pm
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2014 at 3:47pm
Sorry, I can't see anything through the plastic. The pic would be better if the animal was in a lid of tank water. It's probably an algae and detritus eating Nudibranch. 
Eating something on the sand, means it's probably not harmful.  In fact 99.9% of the animal species we find in our tanks are beneficial, not harmful. I always leave things until I see them causing harm. That means I rarely remove animals from my tanks.

A LFS employee told a hobbyist that they had to buy a Harlequin Shrimp to eat the Asterina Stars. The LFS didn't listen to the hobbyist say that the Stars were eating algae and bacteria on the glass and didn't even stop to ask the hobbyist if the Stars were bothering anything. Be careful who you listen to.

Aloha  Hug

Edited by Mark Peterson - September 22 2014 at 4:09pm
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
mmike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2014 at 4:01pm
Ok cool i will just keep a eye on it thanx a ton
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic