Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

weird lump on sailfin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rwgoose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwgoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: weird lump on sailfin
    Posted: October 08 2014 at 5:33pm
so after an ick outbreak and losing many fish to velvet, the survivors are in a qt tank being treated with copper. in the last few days the sailfin has developed a weird lump at the base of its tail. it started as a small bump that looked like a pimple.. now it is a large mass.. he eats like a champ, pellets, kale, mysis and brine.. swims well and acting normal.. thoughts

getting fishy??
Crazy Tarzan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazy Tarzan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2014 at 7:54pm
I had something similar on one of my fish.  Eventually worked its way out and the fish is now fine.  The wound sealed back up and nary a mark.  Only thing I can think of is it's a parasite the fish's body is rejecting and it is slowly working it's way out.  Especially with copper treatment.
Was that in there yesterday? Casper--WY windier than ?

Down to a 20, soon to double or nothing
rwgoose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwgoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2014 at 8:08pm
I was thinking the same thing.. Just like the reinforcement..
getting fishy??
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic