Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

10 Gallon nano breeder/frag tank

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aporter360 View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aporter360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 10 Gallon nano breeder/frag tank
    Posted: December 19 2014 at 4:32pm

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1540218402885008.1073741832.1395856257321224&type=1

Hopefully this will work for viewing photos as the photo uploader still has issues with my computer. Confused

This is also my photography page so feel free to see what I have there.Smile

54 gallon rimless mixed
EA sump
1 year running
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aporter360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2014 at 4:17pm

Here is another update. So far all is going well. Getting great growth out of the corals and added a few more pieces. Added rock to the corners to fill the tank up and add space for corals. No changes made to the setup yet, still just a 10 gallon with HOB filter. I did add a reefkeeper lite to it so I have control over temperature now which is very nice.

54 gallon rimless mixed
EA sump
1 year running
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2014 at 9:17pm
Very nice. Thumbs Up
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aporter360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2014 at 6:58pm

54 gallon rimless mixed
EA sump
1 year running
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aporter360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2014 at 6:56pm
54 gallon rimless mixed
EA sump
1 year running
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aporter360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2014 at 6:54pm
54 gallon rimless mixed
EA sump
1 year running
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aporter360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2014 at 6:47pm
Pictures as of 10/31/14
Thanks Mark for some awsome free coral as well as others! This is really looking like a reef now! Bicolor blenny decided to make the powerhead his home so i gave him the option of some barnacles. Glad to say he is quite happy now. Got some new frags, forget what the green fuzzy stuff is but attached is what i believe blue steel palys. Got some nice candy cane, blue clove polyps, giant button polyp, encrusting gorgonian, tricolor acro, and a red monti cap. Filling up quickly and i am excited to get more at MWRF that is coming up! Going to have to reorganize soon. Thanks to the aquascape competition as i will put the rocks and sand to good use right away.
will post more asap. 

Edited by pilotx44 - November 01 2014 at 7:34pm
54 gallon rimless mixed
EA sump
1 year running
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aporter360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2014 at 6:30pm
Lovely Miami hurricane chalice from Reef Insanity! Big thanks to Nick for the donation to the October meeting. 
Thanks Xnet for a great deal on hollywood stunner chalice and eagle eye zoas as well as a neon green leather tree and mohawk palys! starting to look like a reef tank
54 gallon rimless mixed
EA sump
1 year running
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aporter360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2014 at 6:25pm
Heres a quick picture update, i dont know how many pics will work. This was taken a few weeks after setup. Quickly overgrowing!

Weird how it is rotated. Anywayse, this is the whole setup with 120 watt leds over so there is pleanty of light!
54 gallon rimless mixed
EA sump
1 year running
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2014 at 8:11am
I don't know the reasons why, but these errors are usually fleeting and temporary. After closing the web browser and waiting patiently, it usually works properly again the next day or even the next hour.

Aloha,
Mark  Hug
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aporter360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2014 at 9:27pm
Yah i know they are downloaded. i was using my computer but it wasnt working. i even tried photobucket url and links to no avail. some of the photobucket links previewed the picture and i can alwayse preview the picture from downloaded ones but when i click finish it pops the error. i disabled ad blocks and such too so i dont know whats goin on. alwayse use to work for me... and i used to be more of a computer nut but online forums alwayse stumped me.
54 gallon rimless mixed
EA sump
1 year running
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2014 at 8:28pm
They may have been uploaded to the file manager but didn't get inserted in the post. Return to images and find them. If they aren't there, try this: email pics from your phone to yourself then use your computer. Open email on computer, download pics then re-size and upload to the forum.

Aloha  Hug
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aporter360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2014 at 2:43pm
Keeps saying error in inserting image in current location. Sorry! no more pictures until this gets situated.

Edited by pilotx44 - October 27 2014 at 2:44pm
54 gallon rimless mixed
EA sump
1 year running
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aporter360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2014 at 2:34pm

Sorry, don't know how to upload from phone very well. Heres some pictures.

this is the initial setup around 8/30/14

54 gallon rimless mixed
EA sump
1 year running
colesnwbds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colesnwbds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2014 at 8:21am
Let's see some pictures! :)
"Fishes live in the sea, as men do a-land; the great ones eat up the little ones."

— William Shakespeare
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aporter360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2014 at 12:38pm
Thought id put up a thread on my tank i have here in salt lake. Keeping it small to make it easy to move. so far its turning out great! cant wait for MWRF so i can fill it up with more corals and win some cool prizes for this tank! i started it off with a pair of phantom clownfish that i hope will breed someday soon. Also have a bicolor and clean up crew consisting of about 1 turbo 4 hermits and 8 snails. they keep the walls nice and i only scrape the front about every week or so. just running a 250gph koralia, 100 gph pump and 20gal hang on back filter with a bag of clearfx in it. thats it so far. No skimmer yet. seems to do fine without one. Maybe ill add one when i can find a good cheap one or upgrage to a 20 gallon or so.
54 gallon rimless mixed
EA sump
1 year running
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic