Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

led questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2014 at 8:03am
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2014 at 9:07am
Wow Adam. Big smile I'm thinking this is the first time in a long time you have posted pics of your tank. It looks AWESOME. You've been acquiring lots of beautiful softies. It looks better than the last time I saw it just a few months ago. Maybe that's because the glass is clean. Wink

In a way, I guess we're kind of comparing apples to oranges here and of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder. As Dion said, there is a big difference between cheap LED's and expensive LED's. Dion's tank looks AWESOME too, btw. For comparison in this thread, it would be great if Dion, ReefdUp and Fatman could post pics of their tanks. 

It's hard to describe, but for me personally, I like a more blue and red combo, kind of a purple theme. Plenty of actinic/blue light for the coral and a little red/purple for vibrant color. Again it's all in the eye of the beholder.

It makes sense that the cheap LED's dim faster. My dentist put a Hamilton 1W LED fixture over his tank and I swear it has lost 15% in just over a year. Unfortunately, there is no way to increase the intensity like on Fatman's fixture.

To answer ReefdUp, I have acquired my t5 fixtures in coral trades and use other fixtures, both t5 and PC, that I made for just a few dollars. As far as t5 tubes, I recently bought 6 slightly used ATI tubes for $20, from here on the forum. So maybe my example isn't a fair comparison. Embarrassed

Aloha  Hug
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2014 at 9:30am
Clean glass is way overrated. So is color. Next time Mark comes over I'll turn on the purple just for him.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2014 at 3:35pm
ROFLMAO^^^^^^^^
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2014 at 3:35pm
Your tank looks great Adam :)
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic