Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Started building my stand

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
catchoftheday View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catchoftheday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Started building my stand
    Posted: November 12 2014 at 9:21pm
We'll I started building my stand still a long ways to go it's made out of 2x6's and 2x4's ][/URL]
I currently have a 24 gallon JBJ all in one tank has two powerheads a phosphate reactor with the small bubble skimmer it is also powered by 2 X165 W LEDs and as a mixed reef
Fatman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2014 at 7:12am
Nice start on it. I see a road trip to Saratoga Springs in my future to see a nice 225.

Fat
February 4: Winter Banquet at the Living Planet Aquarium
Tickets: http://utahreefs.com/store/index.php?route=product/category&path=36
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2014 at 7:23am
Just praying that the finished tank is not gonna sit in front of that window. Please tell me those back legs will have a second 2x4 or 2x6 that will sit between the top frame and bottom frame like the front side does!

I'll try and sit back and observe and not panic! lol
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catchoftheday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2014 at 9:14am
The tank will not be I front of that window and yes I will be adding more 2x6 to the back
Originally posted by Krazie4Acans Krazie4Acans wrote:

Just praying that the finished tank is not gonna sit in front of that window. Please tell me those back legs will have a second 2x4 or 2x6 that will sit between the top frame and bottom frame like the front side does!

I currently have a 24 gallon JBJ all in one tank has two powerheads a phosphate reactor with the small bubble skimmer it is also powered by 2 X165 W LEDs and as a mixed reef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catchoftheday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2014 at 9:15am
Originally posted by Fatman Fatman wrote:

Nice start on it. I see a road trip to Saratoga Springs in my future to see a nice 225.

Fat

Sounds good to me
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2014 at 9:20am
Originally posted by catchoftheday catchoftheday wrote:

The tank will not be I front of that window and yes I will be adding more 2x6 to the back
Originally posted by Krazie4Acans Krazie4Acans wrote:

Panic mode averted!
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catchoftheday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2014 at 4:53pm
We'll I did reinforced the legs the front has 2 2x6 on each side and a 2x4 and the back legs have 1 2x4 and 12x6 on each side

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catchoftheday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2014 at 7:20pm
Ok we'll the stand is mostly done I just need to skin it now tell me what you think

The tank below will be my sump I need to do some mods to it to make it work . Does any one have a hole saw hole saw I can use ?
proskier101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proskier101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2015 at 5:46pm
why did you run 2 2x4s on the bottom in the front but not in the back?
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2015 at 8:09pm
That looks great. Coming along nicely. I have found it useful to put pond liner on the bottom and up the sides a few inches to contain any leaks. My wife doesn't mind the extra expense to save her floor. Wink

Aloha  Hug
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic