Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Getting Started

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sleepingdeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleepingdeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Getting Started
    Posted: November 17 2014 at 11:17am
Hi, my name is Derek Saunders, and currently I live in Logan while attending USU. I don't know if i would say i was new here as i've been lurking for quite a while, but i officially sold my freshwater tanks yesterday and bought a 29 gallon Full SW setup a week or so ago and am getting started. I just ordered 30 lbs of rock from reef cleaners today and sand as well. I just need to purchase an RODI unit in the next couple weeks and i should be set! Cant wait to get setup and started. Thanks for having me here, and i've loved seeing everyones tanks set up.

Edited by sleepingdeep - November 17 2014 at 11:25am
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2014 at 11:34am
Welcome
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2014 at 11:35am
Welcome Derek! Hope you get that new one up and running smoothly. Can't wait to see some of your questions and posts that come from your new adventure. Starting a build thread is a great way to show progress and track the system over time. Have you thought about starting one for your tank? Krazie
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleepingdeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2014 at 11:37am
i haven't but i probably should now that you mention it. luckily my set up came with nearly everything so that started me off on the right foot i think. I also know a couple people (also forum members) that live nearby should i need immediate help. once i get my rock and other bare bones basics i'll start that build thread. thanks!
JohnnyHeavens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyHeavens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2014 at 11:38am
Welcome aboard sleepingdeep! Lurkers are welcome
@Home
300g System 150g-Cube Reef+60g Frag+WaterChange
150g Tall FOWLR RIP
@Work RSM 130D w/LEDs
txt anytime @ eightO1-seven5five-eighteen99
Scuba! PADI Pro DM/AI/TecDeep
NSS/CDS-Full Cave Diver
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2014 at 7:05pm
Welcome Derek!

colesnwbds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colesnwbds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2014 at 7:33pm
Welcome. I hAve a 29 gallon myself. Enjoy!
"Fishes live in the sea, as men do a-land; the great ones eat up the little ones."

— William Shakespeare
faviasteve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote faviasteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2014 at 10:57am
Hi Derek.
I live in Logan by the temple.  My tank isn't much to look at yet but I'm happy to give advice or help out in an emergency.  Have you seen the tank at the title company's office?  It cheers me up to look at it when I'm having a bad day and my tank isn't progressing very fast.

Steve

Steve Burton

Logan, Utah
Fatman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2014 at 2:52pm
Welcome and "Go Aggies!!"
February 4: Winter Banquet at the Living Planet Aquarium
Tickets: http://utahreefs.com/store/index.php?route=product/category&path=36
Reefer4Ever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reefer4Ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2014 at 4:38pm
Congrats on the move from lurker to speaker. Good to have you on board.
90 gal reef w/refugium
24 gal softie tank
11 gal nano anemone tank
5 gal fresh water

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleepingdeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2014 at 12:14pm
Im surprised how many Logan reefers there are. i mean we're no where near the number further south, but its nice to know others exist. Rock should be here next friday so im getting excited to build. 
Fatman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2014 at 2:01pm
If you get down to the Ogden area soon let me know and I'll give you a few coral to get you started.

Fat
February 4: Winter Banquet at the Living Planet Aquarium
Tickets: http://utahreefs.com/store/index.php?route=product/category&path=36

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleepingdeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2014 at 2:37pm
My parents live in Ogden, so I'll be sure to take you up on that Fatman. Thanks!
backwards32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backwards32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2014 at 2:49pm
Hey Derek. I didn't know you were into fish stuff. this is mitch lilywhite. I supply a lot of fish food to the club. if you are down Kaysville way I have some frozen food for you to get you started.
Fish Food Direct
Great Food for half the price
801-721-0671
call or text me anytime

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleepingdeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2014 at 5:17pm
Thanks! Everyone here is so great.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic