Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jebao WP-40 failure

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Carlsson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carlsson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jebao WP-40 failure
    Posted: January 14 2015 at 9:11pm
I bought two Jebao WP-40s with a twin controller last July. I have been fairly satisfied with the performance (more so than my DC 12000) until today. Now both pumps are not working. The controller appears to be on (with all the appropriate LEDs lit up). I think the controller is bad as it's unlikely for both pumps to fail at the same time. I have measured voltages on both pump ports and one port has 24V between  pins one and two and varying 20-24V between pins 1 and 3. The other outlet has 24V and 0-5V. All measurements were taken in the oscillating mode. If I'm not mistaken, the Jebao controllers uses 0-5V to regulate the pump output. That would suggest a faulty controller with 20+V on the regulating pin. One the other hand, I'm not sure why the other pump is not working either if is receiving both 24V for the pump and 0-5V for the regulator...

Could anybody lend me a Jebao WP controller for a day so I  could make sure it's a new controller I need before ordering one?

Edited by Carlsson - January 14 2015 at 9:14pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic