Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNEW DATES and MORE!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NEW DATES and MORE!!!
    Posted: January 23 2015 at 10:49am
 Mountain West Reef Fest returns
 for it's 6th year.

New date and location. 

Saturday September 26th at the
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown

The address for the venue is 110 West 600 South  Salt Lake City UT 84101

Save the Date!

Check out the website! 

You can even purchase your tickets now! 

Edited by Jeremyw - August 06 2015 at 1:18pm
Marcoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2015 at 10:19am
What website and what is this?
RedSea Max S400 - 90G Rimless Frag Tanks x2 - 185 Lookdown Bin
sleepingdeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleepingdeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2015 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by Marcoss Marcoss wrote:

What website and what is this?

http://www.mountainwestreeffest.com/
Marcoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2015 at 4:29pm
Thanks! For a beginner, these types of posts seem to lack needed information often. It would be ideal if the post was written in a way that had all of the details in the original post. This way someone could know what/when/where without having to ask. 
badfinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2015 at 9:37pm
I believe these posts are trying to leave you wanting more. Trying to make you ask questions about the event. Trying to get people involved.

But for the newbies, consider these like a mini-MACNA. Some of the same speakers, some of the same vendors, all in your backyard. Great event!
Marcoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2015 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by badfinger badfinger wrote:

I believe these posts are trying to leave you wanting more. Trying to make you ask questions about the event. Trying to get people involved.

But for the newbies, consider these like a mini-MACNA. Some of the same speakers, some of the same vendors, all in your backyard. Great event!

I agree and I don't. I think it should have more information and that they should try to engage more at the event.

Marcos
badfinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2015 at 12:44am
Mountain west reef fest is not owned by the club, just like all other events across the country. It is its own entity. But it is a fundraiser for the club and "hosted" by the club

But as more and more info comes out it does get announced here. Most vendors and speakers dont get announced till a month or 2 before the event
Marcoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2015 at 8:00am
My initial post was asking where I could get more information as it implied a website, however, it did not mention one or provide a link to one. At that point, they knew a website existed and should have simply had a link to it. You should not have to dig for basic information. Thats all I am saying. I am not expecting an agenda but would simply like to know that if they mention a website, then they mention the URL. Its not really as big of deal as this thread is making it seem. I was just trying to explain my point. 
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2015 at 10:11am
Originally posted by badfinger badfinger wrote:

This is exactly what these posts are about. 
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2015 at 10:13am

My initial post was asking where I could get more information as it implied a website, however, it did not mention one or provide a link to one. At that point, they knew a website existed and should have simply had a link to it. You should not have to dig for basic information. Thats all I am saying. I am not expecting an agenda but would simply like to know that if they mention a website, then they mention the URL. Its not really as big of deal as this thread is making it seem. I was just trying to explain my point. 

The website did exist but I was having issues with it so I revised my original post and removed the link. The website is back up and running and is being updated every few days with new vendors, speakers and raffle items. 
aceofspadeskb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aceofspadeskb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2015 at 11:25am
SO EXCITED!  This is the first year since I've been in the hobby that it hasn't conflicted with my first love of USU Aggie Football!  I FINALLY GET TO GO!!! Big smile
Marcoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2015 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by Jeremyw Jeremyw wrote:

The website did exist but I was having issues with it so I revised my original post and removed the link. The website is back up and running and is being updated every few days with new vendors, speakers and raffle items. 

Thanks! It sounds awesome and I just wanted to make sure I could fit it in.

Marcos

radar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2015 at 10:58pm
Is there a discount at the DoubleTree for us?  If so we need to book quickly because of comicon. 
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2015 at 8:50am
Good point!
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2015 at 10:51am
Ill double check but the room rates are cheaper than online. 

You just call in and tell them your with the Mountain West Reef Fest. I believe its $99 a night. There is no online promo code you have to call in to get the MWRF rates. 

Indu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Indu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2015 at 7:27am
How do I register for the event?
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2015 at 7:47am
Originally posted by Indu Indu wrote:

How do I register for the event?

Go to this page - http://www.mountainwestreeffest.com.

On the main page there is a button to Register.  We will have your tickets at the door day of. 

Edited by jdinchak - July 23 2015 at 7:47am
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank
Indu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Indu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2015 at 8:19am
Thank you
radar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2015 at 1:58pm
the reeffest site is suspended??????????
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2015 at 2:04pm
Being worked on as we speak! Sorry for the delay. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic