Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

First timer, old timer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lwalloch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lwalloch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First timer, old timer
    Posted: February 16 2015 at 3:20am
I first got into tanks when growing up in Cali, had a friend who's family ran a shop in Anahiem and fell in love with fish. Since then growing up in the LA area and then Seattle you couldn't keep me away from the local Aquariums.   I had the various freshwater setups off and on but always wanted a saltwater, but couldn't both because of cost and time restraints.
Until just recently I finally talked my wife into letting me venture into the hobby I longed for most of my life. Now I am disabled and have the time and working on the cost issue. My first tank now is a 30 gal Biocube and learning more as time goes, learning you can't always rely on store employees because they are trying to make a living, but thanks to this forum and a member am finding out the best ways to get my fish and other residences the best environment for their longetivity.
Thank you!   
Larry

Edited by Lwalloch - February 16 2015 at 3:21am
backwards32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backwards32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2015 at 6:47am
Welcome Larry. I have a free tray of frozen food for you when you get the tank up and running. Welcome to the club!
Fish Food Direct
Great Food for half the price
801-721-0671
call or text me anytime
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2015 at 7:43am
Welcome Larry!

Reefer4Ever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reefer4Ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2015 at 8:05am
Congrats on the tank and thanks for introducing yourself.
90 gal reef w/refugium
24 gal softie tank
11 gal nano anemone tank
5 gal fresh water
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2015 at 8:20am
Welcome - look forward to watching your build progress.  This site is a great resource for any aquarium questions.  Make sure to check out our schedule for the monthly meetings, we have a great year planned!
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank
akv123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akv123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2015 at 11:43pm
welcome!

Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2015 at 8:01am
It was great to visit with you and your wife the other day. 
They say, "Patience is a virtue." Nowhere is that more true than in this hobby where a biological system needs time to grow to maturity.

Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic