Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jackies Tank Change Up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jackies Tank Change Up
    Posted: March 03 2015 at 3:18pm
****CHANGED SET UPS****
March 22, 2015
I now have a 54g corner tank and seems this thread wasn't started too long ago I figured I would just update it:)
Not going to do the seahorse thing as they just are a bit more work than I want right now so this will be a mixed tank.
I will update a stocklist later.

I picked up a 29g biocube yesterday. I had to scrub down a bunch of the rock with a toothbrush as it had what I think is some green turf algae. I will also be adding a clean up crew to help with anything I missed and to help maintain it.
I had planned to just rinse the existing sand but the smell when I removed it led me to just buy some new sand and change it out, I kept a small cup to reseed the new sand with and trashed the rest.
It also came with a nice sized bangaii cardinal, a purple firefish and a yellow watchman goby. Fish that I am happy with. If possible I want to add a few more bangaii and see if I can get a pair as I have always wanted a pair of them. The tank is pretty bare seems there were no corals so I will be adding a few more pieces of rock and then start adding the softies I am looking to add. I think I will stick with softies as I may end up doing seahorses down the road. I will be looking for the more common softies along with some bright greens and yellows. I will also add a few inexpensive zoas and stay away from the higher end stuff that I love( at least that's what I keep telling myself and my husband) and I will add mushrooms as well as I have an addiction for those little things:)

Full tank shot March 12,2015

For now here is an iphone shot of the sad little start:)

Edited by bstuver - March 23 2015 at 10:31pm
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
Josh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2015 at 5:20am
looks like a great start cant wait to see your amazing work!
A winner never quits, but gets poor in this hobby!

Innovative Marine 30L
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2015 at 9:16am
Thanks I can't wait to actually get some coral!
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
jbuck13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbuck13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2015 at 9:26am
Jackie I have some of those Hawaiin Palys i got from you think I have a clump with about 5-8 heads on a small nugget of LR you can have. They are the Red tinted ones. Let me know,  be heading through Provo in a couple hours
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2015 at 9:45am
Originally posted by jbuck13 jbuck13 wrote:

Jackie I have some of those Hawaiin Palys i got from you think I have a clump with about 5-8 heads on a small nugget of LR you can have. They are the Red tinted ones. Let me know,  be heading through Provo in a couple hours

I would love that! Send me a text 801-404-3215 with when you'll be coming through I have a lunch at noon in Orem but I'm sure I can try and make it work
Jackie Stuver

jbuck13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jbuck13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2015 at 9:48am
Okay I'll give you a buzz,probably be about an hour and half when coming through.
Trevor40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trevor40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2015 at 11:08am
Welcome back!!! I sure it will look colorful in no time!
Call or Text (801)834-3119
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2015 at 3:38pm
Thanks Trevor!

A big thanks to Josh(jbuck13) and Lance(ctreeftank)for the frags:)
Jackie Stuver

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2015 at 5:26pm
Trying to decide what lighting I want to change to on this puppy. I am not the biggest fan of full LED fixtures as they just look un-natural to me(personal opinion) so the options are:

-some sort of retrofit using T5HO and LED so I can keep the hood
-remove hood and get a metal halide with maybe T5HO or LED supplement
-remove hood and get a T5HO fixture
-look for a full LED that I like the look of

I don't want to spend a ton on it so I'm trying to decide
Jackie Stuver

ctreeftank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctreeftank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2015 at 6:34pm
Your wellcome my live rock looks great in the tank!
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2015 at 2:21pm
Bought a used cheap halide/t5 combo it will be here next week hopefully. This is just until I find what I really want unless I actually end up liking it.
Jackie Stuver

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2015 at 10:49pm
Full tank shot March 12,2015 taken with my phone again. Please excuse the container in the center I'm trying to get a mushroom to attach to rock rubble. I also rearranged a few things the other day so I will have to get a new pic but this will do for now.

Edited by bstuver - March 15 2015 at 11:21pm
Jackie Stuver

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2015 at 11:58pm
Well I figured seems I moved right into something bigger I would just update this thread. I have a 54g corner tank that I got full of livestock.
Here are a few pictures from today just off my cell phone. The pictures were taken with a halide/T5 combo light but I actually am going to use the LED light it came with I was just seeing which I liked better at the time I took the pics.

Jackie Stuver

BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2015 at 10:10am
Saw this tank Saturday, it looks even better in person! ClapClapClap
- My Current Tank: 65g Starfire (sitting empty for 2+ years) -

* Marine & Reef tanks since 1977 *
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2015 at 10:13am
Looks great.... when you want to sell that hammer colony... ill be waiting..... 
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2015 at 10:37am
Looking good!
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank
Pete Moss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete Moss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2015 at 10:56am
Looking forward to next week's build thread 
125g 90g 2x33g 34g
What stores do I recommend?
Up North: Bill ( Saltwater Paradise 801-317-8115 )
Down South: Jerry ( Reef On 801-563-0600 )

Member of GCFB
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2015 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by Pete Moss Pete Moss wrote:

Looking forward to next week's build thread 

It's all good nobody else around here posts their stuff that they buy/sell/trade, I'm not the only one
Jackie Stuver

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2015 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by BobC63 BobC63 wrote:

Saw this tank Saturday, it looks even better in person! ClapClapClap

Thanks Bob and it was good to see you!
Jackie Stuver

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2015 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by Jeremyw Jeremyw wrote:

Looks great.... when you want to sell that hammer colony... ill be waiting..... 

I gave up the seahorse idea to keep those hammers, I actually have two nice size colonies:)
Jackie Stuver

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic