Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Glass suppliers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
erin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Glass suppliers
    Posted: April 02 2015 at 4:08pm
I am looking to build a tank and trying to find a reasonably priced glass supplier in Utah, or a supplier online that will ship. I do like Starphire glass but I will probably end up using a standard clear glass because of pricing and availability. 

Does anyone have recommendations for glass suppliers in Utah or online?

Thanks,
Erin
SharkByteShaz View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SharkByteShaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2015 at 4:31pm
How large of a tank are you going to build?
HOLD MY BEER, I WANT TO TRY SOMETHING...
erin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2015 at 4:35pm
Approximately 36" x 9" x 10"
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2015 at 4:53pm
I buy my glass from O'brien... here in Centerville.  I don't know anything about glass shops in your area.  Sorry.

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
SharkByteShaz View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SharkByteShaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2015 at 5:13pm
Was thinking that a 55 would supply the glass for those dimensions, I saw just the other day a similar tank that was suspended on four 1/4 cables from the ceiling. One of the best looking setups I've seen in a while. I think he might have made his from a 55.
HOLD MY BEER, I WANT TO TRY SOMETHING...
erin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2015 at 1:50am
Thanks for the suggestions. Centerville isn't too bad if we can't find something else.

Good idea with the 55. I hadn't thought of that yet. I'll look into that. That tank suspended tank sounds awesome - 
Baghtal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghtal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2015 at 11:58pm
I know this is an old thread, but I've worked with Sugarhouse Glass on some other projects in the past. They are amazing. Prices that I couldn't find anyone else who was even close. I wish I got kickbacks from them for how often I tell people about how great they are.
I like to think that the moon is there, even when I'm not looking at it.
~Albert Einstein
seti007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seti007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2016 at 3:01am
Reviving an old thread but just wondering what happened on this tank build. Erin, did you find a glass supplier and build a task yourself. I'm currently thinking about building one also or have one built perhaps. Have gotten some quotes but still looking at all options. Lmk how it went.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic--Arthur C. Clarke
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic