Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

#1,000

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: #1,000
    Posted: August 03 2005 at 11:28pm

Congratulations to Juan for just now becomming the 1,000 person to joing this message board.

And I should say thank you to everyone out there for making this online meeting place what it is.

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
j's55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j's55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2005 at 1:00am
HOLY CRAP 1,000 people and only how many are members?
Josh Zorn
45G reef
lots of tropical plants
Cell it 910 3924
Bob Kripfgans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Kripfgans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2005 at 8:19am
Maybe we can announce that number tonight at the meeting. I was wondering how my membership drive was doing? Thanks Bob
WMAS is da place!
Save the Banggai's!
Tooele,Ut.
vangvace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vangvace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2005 at 5:17pm

I wonder how many aren't local enough to make a meeting...

Not that WMAS' reputation is growing or anything

McGuire AFB, NJ

Moments of brilliance
thesaent14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thesaent14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2005 at 5:27pm

i wish i was able to atent to one meting i live in florida atleast you guys can get together and trade i dont know where to doit here

thesaent
MBX5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MBX5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2005 at 5:49pm
and me in CO now    The WMAS is the one thing I about UT.

Joe Barnas
Westminster, CO
smatney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smatney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2005 at 7:22pm
And here is my 1000th post! 
Susan Matney
Farmington, UT
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2005 at 1:08am
178 members! No doubt making this the largest marine club in the world, relative to total population along the Wasatch Front.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2005 at 6:22am

Certainly the largest "inland" marine club in the world

Mike

Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2005 at 9:29am

Am I being vain by comparing us to the rest of the world?

Relative to population, my rough guess is that a club on the coast of California would have to have over 500 members to match our size vs. general population.

A WMAS member that recently moved from Dallas/Ft Worth said that the WMAS is sooo much nicer for activity and members than the club he came from. With a population at least  four times that of the Wasatch Front, I would have expected just the opposite.

Again, please forgive my vanity, but I believe the WMAS has greatly assisted with the growth of the hobby locally. The LFS may not think so, but I believe it to be true.

jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2005 at 11:12am

A WMAS member that recently moved from Dallas/Ft Worth said that the WMAS is sooo much nicer

And our LFSs are much better stocked then any in the D/FW area (well compared to 10 yrs ago, maybe things have changed).

Edited by jfinch
Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2005 at 11:32pm

Originally posted by Mark Peterson Mark Peterson wrote:

178 members! No doubt making this the largest marine club in the world, relative to total population along the Wasatch Front.

Personally Mark, this number means nothing to me.  The number of members in our club is not what make us the best in the world.  It's the quality of our members that make us the best in the world. 

This is seriously one great group of people both individually and collectively.

Edited by wsinbad1
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2005 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by wsinbad1 wsinbad1 wrote:

[ The number of members in our club is not what make us the best in the world.  It's the quality of our members that make us the best in the world. 

Will, you are definitely one of those.

Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2005 at 9:30am
I agree with Dion and Will.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic