Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My 100 gallons of madness

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2015 at 8:13pm
Photo UPDATE:
Don't mind the big white disk glued to the overflow, I had montis that kept getting monti eating nudis so I finally chucked them as I got frustrated with trying to eradicate them. However the disk would not come off the wall lol

FTS 6/23/15

And some corals:
Torch

Acan frag

Ricordia rock

Bi-color hammer colony

Purple tip hammer/frogspwn colony

Kryptonite candy canes

Trachy

Duncans

Red with green center blasto

Rock flower nems

Bowerbanki frag

My favorite blasto

Green bubble

Edited by bstuver - June 23 2015 at 8:29pm
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
ctreeftank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctreeftank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2015 at 8:17pm
Remember jackie I get that frag of that blasto,
ctreeftank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctreeftank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2015 at 8:20pm
I miss it
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2015 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by ctreeftank ctreeftank wrote:

Remember jackie I get that frag of that blasto,

As soon as it grows enough to frag:)
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
beege29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beege29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2015 at 10:07pm
Beautiful pics jackie
90 gallon mixed reef
30 gallon sump
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2015 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by beege29 beege29 wrote:

Beautiful pics jackie

Thank you:)
Jackie Stuver

80cent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 80cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2015 at 10:11am
One of my favorite tanks, Jackie. Going fishless with this one?
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2015 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by 80cent 80cent wrote:

One of my favorite tanks, Jackie. Going fishless with this one?

No I had some issues with adding a bunch of fish too fast and lost all of them so I'm waiting a few months to make sure everything is stable before I decide what fish I want to add:) and thank you!

Edited by bstuver - June 24 2015 at 12:37pm
Jackie Stuver

kellerexpress View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellerexpress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2015 at 3:51pm
looking awesome Jackie, loving the dimensions
IM 30L
Kessil A160we x2
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2015 at 12:27am
Originally posted by kellerexpress kellerexpress wrote:

looking awesome Jackie, loving the dimensions

Hey, thanks! I'm finally liking it after my 2nd or 3rd rescape:)
Jackie Stuver

Reefboy4life View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reefboy4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2015 at 3:42pm
looks clean, do you just have the dct 8000 for flow?
90 gallon mixed reef
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2015 at 6:21pm
I have an jebao rw-4 as well and then the way the out flows work on this tank there is the one at the top and then there is a return nozzle about halfway down the overflow, so we put the main pump coming through the top and a smaller pump that is running the lower one that the pump is in the back of the overflow with a flow stop valve for when the tank is off.
Jackie Stuver

ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2015 at 4:04pm
Looks awesome!

The only clowns I like are in my tank!

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2015 at 5:19pm
Couple pics from my iphone 6 today, corals are all happy:)

Jackie Stuver

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2015 at 12:06am
So in August I am going to start adding fish to my system again. The size makes for some hard decisions because a lot of the fish you could normally keep in a 100G tank really won't work too well in here because of the length. So help me with some suggestions...pretty please:)

Oh and thought I'd post this pic of my very happy and puffy trachy today (taken with iphone 6)
Jackie Stuver

80cent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 80cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2015 at 10:59am
Fish! I always like Midas Blenny's. I was also going to recommend a blue spotted puffer. If memory serves me correctly, I think I sold my last one to you :D
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2015 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by 80cent 80cent wrote:

Fish! I always like Midas Blenny's. I was also going to recommend a blue spotted puffer. If memory serves me correctly, I think I sold my last one to you :D

I did, I loved that little guy but he started taking a liking to my corals if I remember right and I had to sell him.
Jackie Stuver

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2015 at 11:26pm
As much as I love this tank it is proving to be so hard for me to deal with. We had a couple water hiccups that managed to flood my new floors several times, I think we got those all fixed but man is it hard to work in. I am so short and it is so tall.
Right now I am extremely frustrated. I absolutely love the stand and canopy we had built so I am debating on seeing about having a shorter tank made or I may end up getting rid of the whole set up and finding something that is easier for me to work in. I'm still undecided but I don't think that this tank itself will work out in the long run as it causes me more anxiety than the relaxation that my tanks normally give to me:(
Jackie Stuver

kellerexpress View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellerexpress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2015 at 2:29pm
sorry to hear, what kind of water hiccups? Plumbing issues?
IM 30L
Kessil A160we x2
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2015 at 2:40pm
Well yeah we just had an insufficient back stop piece on that second out flow and the water from my overflow sock splashed enough it shut the power off and that back flow didn't work properly so the sump overflowed a bit. The other few times it was the overflow sock and because it is such a tight space under the tank if I don't stay right on top of changing the overflow sock then it will pour out. It was our fault and the backflow part is fixed with a new much better piece, but I still need to watch the sock and figure that out. However my biggest thing is just being frustrated with the fact that I can't work well in it and if things fall it's a pain in the butt to try and get them back where they were even if they were glued down.
I'm going to take a look at a different tank today because I think having a shorter one made just won't be realistic price wise and I don't know that a shorter one would look as nice on this stand and canopy as this one does. I will more than likely sell this one and hopefully find someone with more patience than I have for a tall tank lol.

Edited by bstuver - July 12 2015 at 2:42pm
Jackie Stuver

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic