Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My 100 gallons of madness

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Studboyt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Studboyt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2015 at 4:35pm
If you decide to break it down and sell stuff, I would be interested in the rock nems and ricordias.
Thanks
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2015 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by Studboyt Studboyt wrote:

If you decide to break it down and sell stuff, I would be interested in the rock nems and ricordias.
Thanks

Oh no I would just be selling the tank, stand and canopy not the corals I will find another tank first:)

Edited by bstuver - July 12 2015 at 4:39pm
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2015 at 7:14pm
4/22/15

Originally posted by Adam Blundell Adam Blundell wrote:

That is a kick ass looking tank. Hopefully you won't take it down in six months..... But if you do, I want it.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2015 at 8:04pm

4/22/15

That is a kick ass looking tank. Hopefully you won't take it down in six months..... But if you do, I want it.

Adam

Haha yes Adam I know:)

You let me know if you were serious about wanting to buy it;)
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2015 at 8:15pm
Not that I am keeping track but isn't this going to be tank number 4 since Jackie came back again? Lol
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2015 at 8:25pm
Lol I know I'm never satisfied. After chatting with my hubby I'm going to get some epoxy make sure everything is epoxied down and hold off on changing systems for a bit. I really do love the look of this tank its just a matter of working in it. Anyway that's it for now
Jackie Stuver

Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2015 at 9:53pm
Let me think where to put it

Adam
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2015 at 10:33pm

Let me think where to put it

Adam

Alright well its not a cheap one this go round. The stand and canopy cost me a bit so if you're serious shoot me a pm

Edited by bstuver - July 12 2015 at 10:34pm
Jackie Stuver

neurotivity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neurotivity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2015 at 8:44am

Despite your challenges, your tank looks absolutely incredible Jackie. 

I too have faced endless challenges on the opposite end of the spectrum trying to keep a mixed reef nano happy. When my tank is having good streaks it's eternally rewarding and the feeling of success runs high. Being that it's a nano, it can come to a screeching halt and change directions faster than you know it. Even with all of my fancy automation the tank has faced plenty of bad days and hiccups. I feel as if that's the nature of the hobby and sometimes you need to take a step back to view all of your accomplishments to help keep yourself grounded.

Anyways I don't want this to come across as an attempt to sway your idea of going with a different tank. I just wanted to say that I admire your aquarium and throw my .02 out there. (:

PS if you haven't already read this article, it's a good read. 
http://www.reef2reef.com/threads/why-things-get-ruined-in-reef-keeping.206212/

Edited by neurotivity - July 13 2015 at 8:45am
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2015 at 11:26am
Unfortunately I'm very cheap.

Adam
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2015 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by neurotivity neurotivity wrote:

Despite your challenges, your tank looks absolutely incredible Jackie. 

I too have faced endless challenges on the opposite end of the spectrum trying to keep a mixed reef nano happy. When my tank is having good streaks it's eternally rewarding and the feeling of success runs high. Being that it's a nano, it can come to a screeching halt and change directions faster than you know it. Even with all of my fancy automation the tank has faced plenty of bad days and hiccups. <span style="line-height: 1.4;">I feel as if that's the nature of the hobby and sometimes you need to take a step back to view all of your accomplishments to help keep yourself grounded.</span>

Anyways I don't want this to come across as an attempt to sway your idea of going with a different tank. I just wanted to say that I admire your aquarium and throw my .02 out there. (:

PS if you haven't already read this article, it's a good read. 
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">http://www.reef2reef.com/threads/why-things-get-ruined-in-reef-keeping.206212/</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">
</span>

Oh I know smaller reefs can be just as hard but for some reason I just prefer the smaller space. And for me they always seem to run a bit more flawless than a large tank. It's more to do with the fact that they are just easier for me and fill in faster. This tank is just so tall even without the stand that it's frustrating to work in and I have a huge ladder and tongs to grab stuff but man if they fall down the side that doesn't have the opening in my canopy it's so hard to get them and then to place them back where they were is virtually impossible without taking the whole hood off.
I'm still on the edge of what I am going to do, I was looking at a JBJ 45 rimless and really like the look of them so if I do decide to change that will more than likely be what I go with. I also really like the CAD lights 42G versa series but don't think I want to drop that much money on it.
Oh and that was a great post/article, I completely agree in the end I will do what I feel is best for me because if I don't I stress way too much!

Edited by bstuver - July 13 2015 at 3:27pm
Jackie Stuver

80cent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 80cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2015 at 2:00pm
Jackie I've been eyeing the Nuvo 40 rimless. Really nice looking all in ones. Check those bad boys out. 
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2015 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by 80cent 80cent wrote:

Jackie I've been eyeing the Nuvo 40 rimless. Really nice looking all in ones. Check those bad boys out. 

Innovative Marine tanks scare me a bit I have seen too many with leaks or complete blowouts. I'll check it out though.
Jackie Stuver

Ahanix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahanix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2015 at 10:19am
I definitely agree about being nervous with Innovative, well, prior to switching away from using their bent glass tanks anyways.

The Fusion / SR series uses flat panes of low-iron glass and I haven't heard of one blowing out. Right now I have a Fusion 30 in my house, with my brother in law's Fusion 20 and they are running / look great. Plenty of room for pretty much everything you would want in the back.

That being said, I'm chomping at the bit to upgrade to a Cad 100, so there's that...

Edited by Ahanix - July 16 2015 at 10:20am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic