Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My 100 gallons of madness

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My 100 gallons of madness
    Posted: April 20 2015 at 10:03pm
I debated on whether to even post as I know I will get made fun of, but then decided oh well I don't really care:)

So to start I was browsing the KSL ads a few weeks ago and came across a 100g custom made tank, I thought I recognized it but wasn't too sure. I contacted the seller to go take a look and after a few days of texting back and forth I thought I recognized the name and asked his last name. Sure enough it was a friend from my fresh water days and the grandson of my neighbor growing up. He sent back that that was funny because this is the tank of his I wanted years ago.
Needless to say I went and picked it up! It is an odd dimension tank which is what I love about it. It is 34" long 19" wide and 35" tall! It is euro braced and very thick heavy glass with the overflow on the one end which is what I wanted in a tank as I want a peninsula tank.
My husband decided he wanted to have a custom stand and canopy made for it(maybe his way of making sure I don't sell it lol) and contacted his cousin who is an amazing cabinet builder to see if he could custom make it for me. Last week they went over the final design and hopefully I will have the stand and canopy in a few weeks.
I had just bought a 24" 8 bulb dimmable ATi fixture for my other tank and was so happy I got a bigger than necessary light fixture because it will work great for this tank. Also bought a used 24" reef brite for the LED pop.
I ordered a Jebao DCT8000 pump for the return, a new heater, a jebao dosing pump and a big box of salt along with a larger mag float.
We will be using a 20g long tank I just bought at Petco $1 gallon sale to build a sump.
So at this point we are just waiting on the stand and then we will plumb and I will get this going to move all my stuff over.

A few pics to start:

Boxes, love Amazon Prime:)

And in those boxes:

Tank:

UPDATED 6/21/2015
Equipment List:
24" ATi dimmable 8 bulb
24" Blue Reef Brite LED
20 gallon long sump
Jebao(Jecod) DCT 8000
Jebao RW-4 powerhead
Jebao DP-4 dosing pump
ATO auto top off
Apex Jr

FTS 6/23/15

Edited by bstuver - June 30 2015 at 11:15pm
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2015 at 10:19pm

Wow!

I really like the high profile on that tank!

- My Current Tank: 65g Starfire (sitting empty for 2+ years) -

* Marine & Reef tanks since 1977 *
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2015 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by BobC63 BobC63 wrote:

Wow!

I really like the high profile on that tank!

I think it's awesome! I might not be thinking hat while I am trying to clean it but oh well lol
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2015 at 5:39am
Beautiful display area! (but you may need a snorkle)

twolow4law1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twolow4law1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2015 at 5:53am
Nice tank. Can't wait to see it up and running, keep the pics comming.
60 gal rimless , 40 gal rimless
120 gal reef
HOOKED ON SALT WATER   801-682-0477
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2015 at 6:37am
That is cool. Can't wait to see the Aquascaping.
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank
Reefer4Ever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reefer4Ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2015 at 8:04am
Very excited to see what you do with this.
90 gal reef w/refugium
24 gal softie tank
11 gal nano anemone tank
5 gal fresh water
1stupidpunk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1stupidpunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2015 at 8:16am
Beautiful tank, something with that height would make a great seahorse tank....
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2015 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by 1stupidpunk 1stupidpunk wrote:

Beautiful tank, something with that height would make a great seahorse tank....

It would but I love corals like hammers and frogspawn too much:)

Thank you everyone else I am pretty excited!
Jackie Stuver

ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2015 at 2:10pm
sweet tank! you tell anyone who teases you about another build to FO    haha

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2015 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by ksmart ksmart wrote:

sweet tank! you tell anyone who teases you about another build to FO    haha

This made me smile Thanks!
Jackie Stuver

Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2015 at 2:26pm
I would tease you but that is an awesome tank! 

J
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2015 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by Jeremyw Jeremyw wrote:

I would tease you but that is an awesome tank! 

J

Jackie Stuver

kellerexpress View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellerexpress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2015 at 3:11pm
Cool dimensions!  Just let me know when you sell it in 6 months so I can buy it off you....haha...sorry couldn't help myself.  Looking forward to seeing what you do with the aquascape Smile
IM 30L
Kessil A160we x2
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2015 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by kellerexpress kellerexpress wrote:

Cool dimensions!  Just let me know when you sell it in 6 months so I can buy it off you....haha...sorry couldn't help myself.  Looking forward to seeing what you do with the aquascape Smile

Jackie Stuver

80cent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 80cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2015 at 9:08am
Are the lighting requirements really extreme with a tank that deep? I really like the look of this one. Hurry and put it all together so we can see. Personally I like that you start up new tanks-- what's more fun than a new setup?
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2015 at 9:27am
That is a kick ass looking tank. Hopefully you won't take it down in six months..... But if you do, I want it.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2015 at 9:28am
Originally posted by kellerexpress kellerexpress wrote:

Damn it, you beat me to it.
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
1stupidpunk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1stupidpunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2015 at 10:51am

You couldn't find a taller heater?

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2015 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by 1stupidpunk 1stupidpunk wrote:

You couldn't find a taller heater?

Haha lets just say I didn't read the description when I ordered it and when it arrived I was like oh crap where am I going to put that!
Jackie Stuver

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic