Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tang food

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Colby365 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colby365 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tang food
    Posted: May 12 2015 at 5:04pm
Anybody know somewhere that I can purchase (aquarium safe) seaweed for hippo tang and powder brown?
robot.fish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robot.fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2015 at 5:08pm
All pet shops should carry it. Even the chain Stores
Colby365 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colby365 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2015 at 5:23pm
Yeah I'm talking about cheap stuff from a market.
I mean I can find large cheap packages and I know some people do but I just want to know of any specific kind so I know it's safe to add to the tank.
Thanks
1stupidpunk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1stupidpunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2015 at 5:38pm
Any of the Nori from the asian section of the grocery store is fine... the stuff i buy from winco just says Roasted Seaweed.
Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2015 at 6:02pm
A lot of the Nori from the Asian market is flavored.  Try to find the stuff that isn't.  Your fish don't need a lot of Soy Sauce or Sesame Oil.  Try to find the stuff that says it is "Raw Nori" it is the best kind to use.  If you can't find that use whatever the store has.  If it is made for human consumption it will be fine for your tank. 

If you go to an Asian Market rather than just the Asian section of your local supermarket you can find all kinds of different dried seaweed and maybe even some fresh stuff.  All of should be OK to use, just try a few and figure out what your fish like best.
Colby365 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colby365 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2015 at 6:06pm
Awesome!
Thanks,
WWill do and I'll post up something if I find something really good.
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2015 at 5:42am
Green Leafy and Romaine Lettuce is awesome and IMO is very healthy for Tangs and Rabbitfish along with an occasional feeding of Nori, which I consider to be similar to dried fruit leather, a poor substitute for real fruit. Sun Dried Nori is good, but lettuce is equally good or maybe even better IMO, because fresh lettuce has intact cells, fresh vitamins, calcium, other minerals and roughage. I ignore anyone that suggests lettuce, since it's not from the ocean, is bad for the fish. That's just ridiculous.

Aloha,
Mark  Hug

Edited by Mark Peterson - May 13 2015 at 5:46am
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic