Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lyscer's Cadlight 68g Versa Build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Lyscer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyscer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2015 at 10:58am
Alright, time for some pictures. This light sure makes things seem bright!

" />

Edited by Lyscer - July 10 2015 at 10:59am
Lyscer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyscer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2015 at 9:34am
So it has been a while since I posted an update and I feel like I finally have things under control so I wanted to post an update.

Back in September shortly after I added my clownfish, my blue chromis died suddenly with no symptoms that I noticed. a week later my clownfish started acting sluggish and within a couple of days one of them died so I setup a QT tank, caught all of the fish (PITA) and then moved everyone to QT. I performed cupramine + prazipro treatments but slowly my fish all exhibited the same behavior of becoming sluggish, breathing heavy and eventually dying. Only my blue hippo tang made it. I let him hang out in QT for 75 days so that my tank could go fallow to try to kill off whatever parasite was in my DT. at day 74 I decided that I would stock my tank with many of the corals that I wanted so that I wouldn't have to risk re-introducing some parasite again so I bought a huge SPS pack from an online vendor and then let my tank go fallow for another 75 days. I just hit the 75 day mark again this week (Merry Christmas mr. blue tang) so he went back into DT. I stopped by Aquatic Dreams and they had a few fish that I have been wanting so I picked up a Yellow Corris Wrasse and a Yellow Rose Goby. They are currently hanging out in QT and I will start to treat them with the tank transfer method starting next week. I want to make sure that they are eating well and that I have time to do this correctly so I will be starting that probably on Monday. I am so excited to have fish in the DT again and to finally feel like I'm not spinning my wheels fixing problems - although I do have other problems, but they are small compared to the adventure this tank has been through to this point. I am hoping that the Yellow Corris Wrasse will help dwindle this flat worm problem I have that popped up once all of the fish were out of DT.

I dipped all of the corals in CoralRX while they were in this bucket and a few nasty large flatworms came out of the torch corals.

The last item that I have been battling is bad water quality. I bought a BRS 6 stage RO/DI unit with pressure guage and triple TDS monitor because I wanted to make sure that I was putting high quality water into my tank. I hooked it up at the beginning of October and found that the TDS coming out of the membrane was 45. (Tap is 189). I was burning through a canister of DI resin a month. So after a bunch of research and talking with people about RO units on other forums we concluded that my membrane was faulty. I upgraded to a Spectrapure 90GPD membrane and put a capillary tube flow restrictor in place to accomodate the new membrane. My TDS is now coming out of the membrane at 2 and will drop to 1 after large water productions. I am really hoping that this helps solve my problem of a mucus on my water surface. I can go further into depth on the formulas that were used to determine that my membrane was bad if anyone is interested.

Thanks for following and reading!
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2015 at 1:48pm
Wow sorry to hear about all the fish! Looks like you are on your way to getting everything stocked again though so that's awesome. Good luck.
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
Lyscer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyscer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2016 at 2:53pm

Thought this was a neat shot of my candy cane pistol shrimp and his feather duster counterpart.
Sorry it is upside down. I will try to fix that once I am at a computer

Edited by Lyscer - February 27 2016 at 2:55pm
Lyscer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyscer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2016 at 8:45am
Since I can't seem to get anything to grow I have been on an equipment kick (since I can control more of that). I wanted to check my PH since that is 1 area I have never checked and since I am in the process of building a calcium reactor I decided that I should hook up my Arduino to a PH probe.

Here it is installed in the equipment cabinet next to the tank:

Here is the new UI that I made to support the pH probe with logic to automatically turn the outlet off if the PH drops below a designated range.

(not shown, the time spent troubleshooting why all my temps were reporting 0 degrees, I had a bad probe that has been in the tank the last year - once I pulled that out everthing started reading again - yay for information)

And then this weekend I finally finished my floating canopy so I put it in place.

Here is the regulator I finished up about a month ago all ready for my CaRx to get finished. I bought the regulator body off of ebay and then replaced the guages with Wika liquid filled guages and added a Burkert 6011a selonoid which are "plumped" with swagelock fittings all around I wired the burkert up to a 24dc power supply to turn it on off. Once I did the leak tests and everything passed now it sits all lonely on a Co2 tank in my garage dreaming of powering a CaRx one day (hopefully in the next month).

Edited by Lyscer - August 07 2016 at 8:48am
kini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2019 at 1:35pm
Any updates? Tank is sweet!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic