Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aiptasia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
StartingInUtah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StartingInUtah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aiptasia
    Posted: May 24 2015 at 7:49pm

I have read a lot of different ways to get rid of aiptasia. I have one large aiptasia visible in my tank that is probably close to an inch large and just barely showed up when I moved the tank. I am sure that with one that large I will be seeing others if I don't take action. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of this one and a way that I won't need to worry about them in the future? Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

PDoug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PDoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2015 at 4:31pm
Aiptasia x and Peppermint shrimp to eat any that pop up Hope that helps
(307)679-7898 Phillip Douglass 75 Gallon Reef Tank
StartingInUtah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StartingInUtah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2015 at 10:11pm
Thank you. Where do I get Aiptasia X and how do I use it? Is my Christmas wrasse going to allow a peppermint shrimp to be in there?
PDoug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PDoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2015 at 4:34pm
Any local fish store should have Aiptasia X as for the Christmas wrasse Not sure I always look on websites for compatibility and cross check on others Just as a warning you will never see the peppermints once adding them
Hogie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2015 at 6:29pm
Dion's way is to use a needle and syringe and inject the stalk with vinegar. I've tried it and it works great. it dissolves it with in seconds and I haven't had a problem with it popping up elsewhere.
PDoug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PDoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2015 at 9:45pm
That works too
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic