Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WARNING*** paper towels

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WARNING*** paper towels
    Posted: July 17 2015 at 8:58pm
I discovered something new tonight. Did you know some paper towels come with soap embedded in them? They may in fact be in your kitchen right now. Get rid of them! I started wiping down the inside if my skimmer and instantly activated soap bubbles and foam.
A lot of people have killed of their tanks with soap residue (usually from washing filter socks).

Be careful!!!

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
PDoug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PDoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2015 at 9:13pm
And that Adam is why I buy generic they are too cheap too include soap Seriously good info though Thanks Adam
(307)679-7898 Phillip Douglass 75 Gallon Reef Tank
Hogie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2015 at 9:55pm
Wait, you're supposed to clean the skimmer?! Lol
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2015 at 6:24am
LOL

Good point Adam. The package says "4x cleaner surfaces" as if soap residue on the surface makes it cleaner. Ermm Maybe it's just me, but I want my paper towel to sop up all the water and cleaning solution that I just sprayed down, not to leave more soap! The best paper towels I've used are the blue Scott Shop Towels. 

And what cleaner do I spray down? Sprayway Glass Cleaner works great for all surfaces connected with reef aquariums, even inside surfaces because it is non toxic and contains no ammonia. It is the best no streak stuff I've ever used.

These things are at Walmart, Home Depot, etc.

While on the subject, Someone may be asking, "What is best for acrylic?" The answer is Brillianize Acrylic Cleaner. It cleans while it lays down polymer molecules to preserve, protect and extend the life of acrylic, to prevent crazing(web-like cracks on the surface of old acrylic).

Aloha,
Mark  Hug

Edited by Mark Peterson - July 18 2015 at 6:45pm
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2015 at 3:16pm
Thank you for the warning!!

The only clowns I like are in my tank!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic