Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CADlights Versa 42 ONE YEAR OLD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CADlights Versa 42 ONE YEAR OLD
    Posted: August 07 2015 at 2:09pm
I picked up the CADlights versa 42 a couple weeks ago from Jerry at Reef On. Absolutely love the size and shape of this tank. It is all starfire glass and made fairly well, hubby did take a slice out of his finger on the bottom of the tank due to the glass not being flush or buffed. I just got all the stuff in it last night so I will update soon. We are fixing the plumbing as I wanted to keep my pump I have but the lines were so small it blew the hose off the pump last night:( and I had a bunch of water all over! Hopefully we will get that fixed today and I will be up and running fully.
Updates to come...
Equipment List:
I used a lot of the equipment I had running on the 100G tank on this build.
Jecod/Jebao DCT-8000 return pump
ATi 24" 8 bulb dimmable fixture
20 gallon long sump
Aqua C Urchin pro in-sump skimmer
Updated Loc-line for better flow management
ATO auto top off
Apex Jr.
24" Blue Reef Brite LED
UV sterilizer

Fish Update:
Pair of spotcinctus clowns
2 bangaii cardinals
sixline wrasse
Starry blenny
Lyre tail anthia male

Inverts:
Emerald crab DISAPPEARED
1 peppermint shrimp DISAPPEARED
pom pom crab

FTS August 10, 2016 TANK 1 YEAR OLD

FTS June 16, 2016

FTS: April 13, 2016

FTS: March 17,2016

FTS: February 8, 2016

FTS Update January 2,2016
DSC00471 by jlstuver, on Flickr

FTS December 14, 2015
DSC09930 by jlstuver, on Flickr

FTS November 10, 2015

FTS October 5, 2015

FTS September 8,2015

FTS Update August 19, 2015

UPDATE August 9,2015

Finally built the fixture to hold my light and now I can post a few pics. These were just taken with my phone a few minutes after lights on so things are still unhappy. I will post a closer view of the rockwork when everything is happy.
The little vintage crate box to the left side is what I use to keep my ATO container in:)

Edited by bstuver - August 10 2016 at 9:49pm
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
Marcoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2015 at 3:27pm
Dang, hope your hubby is alright!

Did the crack happen to be around the bulkhead?

Marcos

RedSea Max S400 - 90G Rimless Frag Tanks x2 - 185 Lookdown Bin
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2015 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by Marcoss Marcoss wrote:

Dang, hope your hubby is alright!

Did the crack happen to be around the bulkhead?

Marcos

No it wasn't a crack it's the bottom edge where the glass meets, he was alright just took a nice chunk from his finger.
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
Marcoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2015 at 9:27am
Oh dang, glad to hear he still has his finger. 

Your tank looks great! Super quick. Your elegance coral is going to take over a big area. 
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2015 at 2:03pm

Oh dang, glad to hear he still has his finger. 

Your tank looks great! Super quick. Your elegance coral is going to take over a big area. 

Yeah the elegance has that whole front right corner of the tank, the space is bigger than it looks in the photo.
Jackie Stuver

Marcoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2015 at 2:28pm
Oh I see, I didn't even see it in there. That tank is much larger than I thought then.
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2015 at 2:32pm

Oh I see, I didn't even see it in there. That tank is much larger than I thought then.

It was still ticked off seems my lights weren't on when I put it in and getting use to the flow in the area I put it. It's coming out much nicer today I will have to get some pics:)
Jackie Stuver

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2015 at 2:35pm
This is from last night when just my Reef Brite was on. It had come out a ton more:
Jackie Stuver

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2015 at 5:19pm
Trying to decide on what fish to add to this tank. It comes with a glass top which I don't plan to use and I really hate the look of the netting stuff so I will need to choose fish that would be less likely to jump.
I'm thinking 1 or 2 clowns, hopefully a pair of bangaii cardinals and.... I would love a trio of anthias but I'm thinking they may jump
Jackie Stuver

ctreeftank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctreeftank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2015 at 6:18pm
What about doing pipe fish, and s rock beauty or potter angle.
ctreeftank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctreeftank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2015 at 6:20pm
Or some kind of dottyback
kellerexpress View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellerexpress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2015 at 10:18pm
Anthias definitely jump
IM 30L
Kessil A160we x2
Marcoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2015 at 6:03pm
Hey, whats the footprint on that tank?
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2015 at 12:21am
It's supposed to be 18" high 18" deep and 30" long when we were measuring it it's only 29.5" long and about a quarter of an inch smaller on the other sizes as well.
Jackie Stuver

ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2015 at 2:22am
I like this! I miss those lights! I hate my LEDS!

The only clowns I like are in my tank!

Marcoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2015 at 6:19am
Dang. I could fit it in my stand!

Thanks.
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2015 at 9:42pm
I updated the first post with my equipment and fish/invert list

Photo Update:

Coral pics:
Elegance

Rock flower anemone

Trachy

Ricordea

Euphyllia garden

Clown photo bomb

Forktail blenny

He loves hiding in the green star polyp wall I am trying to create

Edited by bstuver - August 19 2015 at 9:47pm
Jackie Stuver

Chevmaro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevmaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2015 at 11:15pm
Beautiful tank!
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2015 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by Chevmaro Chevmaro wrote:

Beautiful tank!

Thank you!!!
Jackie Stuver

Reefboy4life View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reefboy4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2015 at 2:33am
Awesome! Wish I could keep a tank that healthy
90 gallon mixed reef
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic