Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CADlights Versa 42 ONE YEAR OLD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
neurotivity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neurotivity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2016 at 9:46am
Your tank is looking beautiful Jackie (:

If you ever decide you want to trade/sell your little plate, let me know first (;
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2016 at 1:47pm
Thanks so much!!
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2016 at 3:20pm
Alright finally a full tank shot update. I have been slacking when it comes to updating. The tank is just over 10 months old now! I was having a few issues with some LPS heads dying or getting stung so I sold a few things, moved a few things around and hopefully it is under control. I need to get back to weekly water changes it just doesn't seem to be happening right now. So I think I get one in every 3-4 weeks:/
Anyway I added a large lyre tail anthers that a local was selling (mean little bugger, bit me already) and a starry blenny that I love watching.
I haven't seen my pom pom crab in weeks but I'm hopeful it's still alive.
Moved my powerhead to the side wall last night after I cleaned it so we will see if I like it better there.
On that note here's some pics.

Room view, this is a large hall/open area between the kitchen, living room and bedrooms

Right side

Left side

Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2016 at 4:09pm
Also I changed my salt with the last water change from the instant ocean purple box to the orange reef crystals box. It must contain a lot of alk and mag! My alk went up to 9.8 and my mag that was finally dropping is back up to roughly 1640. Any ideas on how to get my mag back down?
Jackie Stuver

evan127 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evan127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2016 at 4:11pm
Looks amazing! So colorful!
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2016 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by evan127 evan127 wrote:

Looks amazing! So colorful!

Thanks!!
Jackie Stuver

BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2016 at 5:39pm
Looking good Jackie. Love the ricordea garden.
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2016 at 12:07am
Originally posted by BillyC BillyC wrote:

Looking good Jackie. Love the ricordea garden.

Thanks Billy! They are one of my favorite parts of my tank, I moved them recently because where they were before one of my hammers fell on them and melted half of two of my colonies needless to say I was not happy!

Edited by bstuver - June 17 2016 at 12:08am
Jackie Stuver

relethg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote relethg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2016 at 6:18am
Beautiful tank!
210 G Filled 18 Mar 15
120 G Filled 11 Jun 16
kevin.st View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin.st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2016 at 9:28am
That's a beautiful tank and part of the reason I switched back to T5's.  Keep up the good work.
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2016 at 2:34pm
Thanks guys!
Jackie Stuver

FishnFriendz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FishnFriendz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2016 at 4:12pm
Gorgeous like always.  Very enjoy seeing your tank pictures. 
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2016 at 4:45pm
New FTS for July, I had to move a few things around, my neon green bubble coral has gotten huge and managed to sting the rest of my dwindling florida ricordia mushrooms that I had on a large rock so I was only able to save 2 from that rock. Needless to say I moved all of them and put the bubble coral in the front corner where it can't do as much damage.

FTS July 8, 2016
Jackie Stuver

relethg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote relethg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2016 at 5:10pm
Very Nice!!
210 G Filled 18 Mar 15
120 G Filled 11 Jun 16
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2016 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by relethg relethg wrote:

Very Nice!!

Thank you!
Jackie Stuver

BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2016 at 6:07pm
Looking good! Is that a jawbreaker I see front and center?
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2016 at 7:48am

Originally posted by bstuver bstuver wrote:

Also I changed my salt with the last water change from the instant ocean purple box to the orange reef crystals box. It must contain a lot of alk and mag! My alk went up to 9.8 and my mag that was finally dropping is back up to roughly 1640. Any ideas on how to get my mag back down?
Stop doing water changes and just add Alk and Ca as needed. The idea of not doing water changes shocks a lot of hobbyists, but I can assure you, the coral can still be happy with infrequent water changes, so long as Alk, Ca, and Mg are kept within range. Some of us have gone as much as 6 months to a year between water changes, but in addition to dosing the main three, we may also dose a product like Kent Coral-Vite to ensure trace elements are replenished.

A major user of Mg is Coralline Algae. Coralline Algae grows better in not so bright light. In the oceans surf zone, I have found that Coralline Algae thickly covers the lower, shaded, underside areas of rocks, caves and shaded overhangs. We can mimic that, to accelerate Coralline Algae growth, by using only the dawn and dusk lighting for most or all of the day for weeks at a time.

Aloha,

Mark  Hug

Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2016 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by BillyC BillyC wrote:

Looking good! Is that a jawbreaker I see front and center?

Thanks and yes:)
Jackie Stuver

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2016 at 4:27pm
Tank turned a year old yesterday!!! Hopefully pics to come tonight, I cleaned the glass and ticked a few things off so waiting a few hours for them to reopen:)
Jackie Stuver

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2016 at 9:47pm
Not the greatest pics tonight but they will have to do. Don't mind the photo bombing fish they seem to think they need to be fed again!

FTS August 10, 2016 TANK 1 YEAR OLD

Jackie Stuver

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic