Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tricks to removing anemones

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tchapman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tchapman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tricks to removing anemones
    Posted: September 06 2015 at 1:14pm
I just bought a red sea 250 amd it came with rocj and sand and has about 6 rose anemones. Any ideas how to get them off the rocks
I dont run cause i get tired. and i dont lift weights cause they are heavy.
relethg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote relethg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2015 at 3:28pm
Blast them with flow and or block them from light. Once they start to move peel the foot off the rock. It takes time and patience sometimes, other times they move right away.
210 G Filled 18 Mar 15
120 G Filled 11 Jun 16
Softplan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softplan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2015 at 4:06pm
It's really not too difficult. If you start playing with the foot with your fingers. Rub the base and try to work it between the rock and the foot. Takes a little time but it eventually lets go. If it's footed in a hole you can't get go then that's another story.
redleader View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redleader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2015 at 4:49pm
In my experience the rose anems will move pretty quickly once you do what is suggested above, point a power head at them, and they start to move pretty quick, once they the foot swells up and it starts to walk, just peel it off and put in a container for removal.  The RBTA is well known for being a wanderer, so if you get it loose and move it to another part of the tank, it will move itself around,  I assume you want to remove them...

The last time I took one out, I put it in a bucket over night (by sure to heat the water and have a little flow) :).

Everything in life is possible. You just have to dream big, and act bigger.

150 G Reef
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic