Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cadlight 45 leaking on the bottom of the tank

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
FishnFriendz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FishnFriendz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cadlight 45 leaking on the bottom of the tank
    Posted: September 15 2015 at 11:02pm
Hi all,
My cadlight is leaking on the bottom of the tank, it is a full live stock tank. I really dont know what to do now. Just take out half of the amount of water. Water is keep dripping all over the place. Wondering if anyone has any advice, please help. Highly appreciated !
Reefboy4life View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reefboy4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2015 at 11:13pm
If it were me I would run to Walmart and buy a Rubbermaid tote to store all your livestock in with a heater and power head till you can figure it all out
90 gallon mixed reef
Reefboy4life View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reefboy4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2015 at 11:14pm
That is if you don't already have a tote big enough and the water isn't gushing out
90 gallon mixed reef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FishnFriendz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2015 at 11:21pm
I will try to move as many corals to the sump.. Which has heater..but maybe it wont big enough to host all.
backwards32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backwards32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2015 at 12:37pm
if you can get all the contents out I may be able to help you figure out what the problem is and help you fix it
Fish Food Direct
Great Food for half the price
801-721-0671
call or text me anytime

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FishnFriendz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2015 at 1:38pm
What is ur number again backward32? I think i found the issue, dont know if you could fix it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backwards32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2015 at 1:40pm
Mitch
801-721-0671
text me and let me know what you think the problem is
Fish Food Direct
801-721-0671
call or text me anytime

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FishnFriendz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2015 at 2:28pm
Hi Mitch,
Text sent :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backwards32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2015 at 11:58am
where you able to go this fixed
Fish Food Direct
801-721-0671
call or text me anytime

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FishnFriendz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2015 at 11:00am
Yes Mitch,
Last night i moved all of my lived stocks back in. I lost some of my favorites corals, but happily the tank was able to fix :). Thanks everyone for your input.
Baghtal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghtal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2015 at 4:20pm
What was the cause of the leak? What was the fix? I'd like to know what to watch out for in the future for my own tank :)
I like to think that the moon is there, even when I'm not looking at it.
~Albert Einstein

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FishnFriendz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2015 at 11:36pm
The silicon was pealed off for some reason (7 mos old tank). Luckily it was fixable. I emptied the whole tank, let it dried, sealed it and waited for 48 hrs to let the new silicon to be firmed. Then waiting 1 day for sand and water settled before transferred all the live stock back in. Due to my lack of experience , taking me a lot of work and damage. I lost few lps, and some of my zoa havent open til now :(
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic