Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedReef Tour Sign Up!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2015 at 1:55pm
10/10 - 10am-5pm
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank
Marcoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2015 at 2:42pm
So glad to see there are a good amount of people SLC and south! Super excited to see how other people reef. 
RedSea Max S400 - 90G Rimless Frag Tanks x2 - 185 Lookdown Bin
redleader View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redleader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2015 at 3:13pm
I'm still wondering if anyone will come by my place... In that I think I am the furthest south.

It would be fun to see a little map of tank density to see where the best concentration of reef tanks existed.

Everything in life is possible. You just have to dream big, and act bigger.

150 G Reef
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2015 at 3:18pm
The Reef Tour Flyer should be posted tomorrow.
It will list all the participating stops by county.
Each stop will have the address, phone # and driving directions from the nearest major highway.

FYI - I have a couple more stops signed up that are not listed here yet.

IMPORTANT: Once the Flyer is up, the participating homes need to PROOFREAD their information - ESPECIALLY THE DIRECTIONS!!!

Any corrections needed - please PM them to me
- My Current Tank: 65g Starfire (sitting empty for 2+ years) -

* Marine & Reef tanks since 1977 *
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2015 at 3:30pm
For anyone wondering my house is in Syracuse and unless someone else signed up in the north end I'm the only one up here. There won't be a crowd and I will be messing with the tank all day long. Hope to see some people show up.
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
DMower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2015 at 6:33pm
I'm signed up too, and I'm north in Kaysville.  Two tanks in one house.  Not quite as far north as you though.
150 gal reef with 50 gal sump. Reef Octopus DCS-200 Skimmer. AI Sol Blues.
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2015 at 6:58pm
Sometimes you have to market yourself as well. Tell your neighbors, post some signs, let your coworkers know. I created a Facebook event for my house and invited everyone near me. One year Tooele did a ton of advertising and had hundred plus visitors.
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank
CHAOS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAOS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2015 at 7:47am
I'm in, Chris Holcomb, Orem
CHAOS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAOS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2015 at 8:51am
UTA Utah Reef Tour signup:
Chris Holcomb; Orem Frontrunner station (.3 miles)
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2015 at 8:56am
Originally posted by jdinchak jdinchak wrote:

Sometimes you have to market yourself as well. Tell your neighbors, post some signs, let your coworkers know. I created a Facebook event for my house and invited everyone near me. One year Tooele did a ton of advertising and had hundred plus visitors.

I prefer to market the event as a whole. My goal is to get as many people to go out and look at a few other tanks as possible. If it's not mine then hopefully it is someone that has done some of the things that I have so others can learn from it.

I'd love for people to come see my tank but I know it's a distance to travel for some.
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2015 at 11:16am
The whole point of marketing is so that it is not a distance to travel.  You want to get as many people as possible from your area to come see your tank.  It's not about getting other reefers to come, it's about getting "The Public" to come.  If your neighbors don't know about it they won't come see it.

When the couple homes in Tooele went all out with advertising, you can ask Art for details of what they did, the people who came were not from Salt Lake Area, they were all of their neighbors from around Tooele.  It's a great way to get new people interested in the hobby or at least help them learn about what we do.
Marcoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2015 at 11:42am
Will,

Can the club collect emails from everyone that attends? I realize there is a cost involved and time, but it could help with the hobby awareness aspect of things.

For instance, each home voluntarily collects emails from everyone that attends, and wants to give it up. They then transcribe the emails and provide to someone in the club. That person then sends them out emails when events come up or a new post is made on the forum. It would take maybe an hour or two a month, but could bring more people in - which in turn could bring in more revenue, for future events, to the club. Something like MailChimp could be used for just a few bucks a month and they have super easy templates.

Food for thought.

Marcos

BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2015 at 1:44pm
*** EVERYONE LISTEN UP ***

Reef Tour Book is 95% finished - should get posted here tonight

We have 14 homes on the Tour Clap Davis, Salt Lake, Utah counties

I am waiting on a few tank photos and / or phone numbers to include in the book

I have PMed everyone who needs to send me additional info

PLEASE DON'T DELAY Big smile

- My Current Tank: 65g Starfire (sitting empty for 2+ years) -

* Marine & Reef tanks since 1977 *
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2015 at 2:02pm
Just texted you.
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank
redleader View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redleader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2015 at 2:09pm
Done

150 G Reef
Bryce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2015 at 9:09pm
Hope to get a lot of visitors given the full day commitment. Come see my tank in Lehi Exit 284, stop at Outlets after, haha.

Also have coral for sale:
65g Reef
redleader View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redleader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2015 at 9:52am
Reef Friends, while my home will be open all day for people to stop buy, I have a baptism I need to officiate from 1:30 to 2:00.

Please plan to visit before or after that time.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may present.

150 G Reef
Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2015 at 10:36am
Originally posted by Marcoss Marcoss wrote:

Will,

Can the club collect emails from everyone that attends? I realize there is a cost involved and time, but it could help with the hobby awareness aspect of things.

For instance, each home voluntarily collects emails from everyone that attends, and wants to give it up. They then transcribe the emails and provide to someone in the club. That person then sends them out emails when events come up or a new post is made on the forum. It would take maybe an hour or two a month, but could bring more people in - which in turn could bring in more revenue, for future events, to the club. Something like MailChimp could be used for just a few bucks a month and they have super easy templates.

Food for thought.

Marcos

We do send out quite a few e-mails each month before meetings and other events, but I don't see why members could not collect e-mail addresses from others who are interested in getting that info from us.  Then we could add them to the e-mail list.  An easier way still may be to have them like us on FaceBook.  TONS of info goes out that way all through the month.
rwgoose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwgoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2015 at 11:23am
For those that visit murray before 1230 pm, I will not be there before that time, oldest has a football game but Shelly will be home to show the tank and answer questions. She is super knowledgeable and helps out a ton with the tank..
getting fishy??
Marcoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2015 at 2:45pm
That is good to know Will! I just found the club's FB.

Thanks!

Marcos

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic