Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Got a bunch of new things

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
catchoftheday View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catchoftheday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Got a bunch of new things
    Posted: October 12 2015 at 7:31pm
Well today I got a shipment of new coral and a huge carpet anemone . Just wanted to share
Here they are floating
I currently have a 24 gallon JBJ all in one tank has two powerheads a phosphate reactor with the small bubble skimmer it is also powered by 2 X165 W LEDs and as a mixed reef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catchoftheday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2015 at 7:33pm

This is a video

Edited by catchoftheday - October 12 2015 at 7:34pm
I currently have a 24 gallon JBJ all in one tank has two powerheads a phosphate reactor with the small bubble skimmer it is also powered by 2 X165 W LEDs and as a mixed reef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catchoftheday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2015 at 7:35pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catchoftheday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2015 at 7:36pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catchoftheday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2015 at 7:37pm

Edited by catchoftheday - October 12 2015 at 7:42pm
Marcoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2015 at 9:29pm
The best kind of shipments!
RedSea Max S400 - 90G Rimless Frag Tanks x2 - 185 Lookdown Bin
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2015 at 12:12am
Love that long tentacle plate, one of my favorite corals!
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catchoftheday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2015 at 8:53am
Originally posted by Marcoss Marcoss wrote:

The best kind of shipments!
yes it is and I will be getting another one in the next week or two

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catchoftheday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2015 at 8:54am
Originally posted by bstuver bstuver wrote:

Love that long tentacle plate, one of my favorite corals!

That is also one of my favorites and I'm hoping that on the next shipment I will get a different color variation
Marcoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2015 at 10:12am
How's the wall hammer? I cannot keep those alive for the life of me but they are cool looking!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catchoftheday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2015 at 10:38am

How's the wall hammer? I cannot keep those alive for the life of me but they are cool looking!
the wall hammer is doing great o e is green and one is purple. Kyle change to gold and the. The other 2 look to be rainbow I love them
Marcoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2015 at 7:27pm
You'll have to teach me the trick! 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catchoftheday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2015 at 8:30pm

You'll have to teach me the trick! 
really there's no trick to him although I only had them for less than 24 hours I think with good water quality good flow and stable alkalinity and calcium then they should do just fine
Marcoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2015 at 7:33pm
I have all of that; that's the confusing part. I keep tons and tons of other euphyllia; its just the wall kind that perform super poorly for me. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catchoftheday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2015 at 10:05pm

I have all of that; that's the confusing part. I keep tons and tons of other euphyllia; its just the wall kind that perform super poorly for me. 
about how long can you keep th m alive ?
Marcoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2015 at 8:51am
About 3-6 weeks. 3 being the average. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catchoftheday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2015 at 9:07am
Where are you getting them from minor coming straight from Kupang my buddy is a wholesaler
Marcoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2015 at 9:30am
I am getting them from Indonesia and Australia. I buy them from wholesalers. Historically, they don't do well. I just don't know why. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catchoftheday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2015 at 9:36am
Well in that shipment that I just got there was 4 wall hammers
So we'll see
Marcoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2015 at 10:34am
Keep me posted! I'm curious. Branching I don't have issues with. We usually have 50-100 heads in stock and they do fine. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic