Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Custom stand 210 gal build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
IronMonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IronMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2015 at 8:59am
Not sure how far the pump will push water but it is a beast. You can't hold your finger over the hose and stop it.I have a friend that used this pump to get several hundred gallons of water out of his basement into the storm drain in about 30 minutes (distance seemed to be about 100 feet).

PSU is short for power supply unit. You can mod an old computer PSU to do this or buy a dedicated power supply, just needs to handle about 15 amps I think.

Happy to discuss in person as well :-)

badfinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2015 at 9:57am
Won't the metal fittings on that pump leach bad stuff into the water?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IronMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2015 at 10:16am
I'm no chemist, so I really don't know... but I run clear RODI before and after the change through the pump and the pump is not part of the permanent plumbing so it is not always in contact with the tank water. Only while pumping the new water in. Perhaps someone who knows more of chemistry could chime in with an opinion of the possible leaching problem???
Marcoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2015 at 6:04pm
Oh I see. You have rigged it into a power supply. I get it now; I'm not knowledgeable with electrical stuff at all.

That's an insane amount of distance to travel! I like it.

Thanks man!

Marcos

RedSea Max S400 - 90G Rimless Frag Tanks x2 - 185 Lookdown Bin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IronMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2015 at 9:53pm
Just hit the 4 month mark on the tank and things seem to be moving along well. Have dealt with a nasty GHA outbreak, but powered through that. Doing 10% changes per week and working up to acros in a couple months. Really enjoying the tank and the amazing life it has in it.

http://youtu.be/PCP8FUSJ4nk

Thanks,
-Adam

Edited by IronMonkey - February 19 2017 at 1:04am
Mixed Reef : 210G, Radion XR30Pros, Apex Gold, Vortech MP40QDs, GEO CR818 calc reactor, Apex DOS, Reeflo Dart pump, Vertex Alpha 200 skimmer, XF250 Gyre, twin Tunze nanostream 6095
Marcoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2015 at 8:37am
Looking good!

I really like the bleeding apple bowerbanki (I think); one of my favorite corals.

Marcos

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IronMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2017 at 1:03am
I was talking to a fellow reefer (Marcoss) today and realized I hadn't provided any update on my tank in a long long time. I took a quick video tonight. Cell phone videos and LED lighting kind of suck together, but you'll get the idea. I have had a few missteps here and there, but largely have met with great success with the tank. I'm going to try and find a better way to capture a better video, but for now, you can check it out.

Edited by IronMonkey - February 19 2017 at 4:09pm
Mixed Reef : 210G, Radion XR30Pros, Apex Gold, Vortech MP40QDs, GEO CR818 calc reactor, Apex DOS, Reeflo Dart pump, Vertex Alpha 200 skimmer, XF250 Gyre, twin Tunze nanostream 6095
Scottyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scottyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2017 at 10:28am
Beautiful tank!
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2017 at 4:01pm
Gorgeous tank!
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
Marcoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2017 at 1:15pm
It looks so good Adam! 
shaggydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaggydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2017 at 2:00pm
Looks amazing. Thanks for the update.
60g LPS Cube
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2017 at 2:15pm
Adam, What lighting schedule are you using with your lights? Is it an Ecotech schedule or a custom?
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IronMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2017 at 4:57pm
It is a custom schedule. I have had to tweak it a lot to get better behavior in the coral. The cycle is about 12 hours long, never gets real intense (overall setting never goes about 55%), has a specific period of high UV, generally is very low on white light but consistent coverage of it, and finally runs only about 60% of any relative setting for red and green light.

It has been a long learning curve of trying, observing, reading, trying, etc... all while doing single and small changes at any one time LOL.

Not perfect yet, but definitely working much better. Many of the SPS are now growing at a nice clip and are staying very colored up. I did almost kill my pectinia, but I think that was from alk swings, and it is finally filling back in.

-Adam

Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2017 at 5:24pm
I'm trying to find a schedule for mine as well. I'm currently running the SPS AB+ schedule but I run mine with my apex so I think the numbers are slightly different.

Would you mind posting  pictures of your schedule with the colors you use at each step? I think that would help me figure mine out  a little more as well.
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IronMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2017 at 9:50pm
Here you go, these are the settings I run on each of the Radion Pros, there are three of them spaced evenly across the 72 inches of tank width. They are about 9 inches from the water surface. Current growth on SPS is great and the colors look great. I've experimented a lot, but think I'm getting really close here based on coral responses.

I'm no expert by any stretch, but have spent a lot of time trying to figure this puzzle out. I'm happy to share anything I can as long as you take as "further information" and then make your own calls LOL.

-Adam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic