Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Auction/Raffle at meetings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sarnack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarnack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Auction/Raffle at meetings
    Posted: July 23 2003 at 1:37pm

I would like to suggest that the items for auction/raffle at the meetings be announced/described before the intermission so people have a better understanding of what is on the table...  Case in point - I thought the Royal Gramma at the last meeting was wild caught and so I did not buy any raffle tickets.  If I had known it was tank raised I would have bought 20 tickets just to have a chance at it.

Dave

Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2003 at 1:53pm

It was wild caught if that makes you feel better.  But agreed, that is an easy thing to change regarding the meetings, and the exact type of input I am looking for.

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Sarnack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarnack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2003 at 2:15pm

That does make me feel much better, thanks!  I don't know if Tyler visits the board anymore - does anyone know if his Gramma is doing well?

KeoDog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeoDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2003 at 2:33pm
If you are not totaly set on tank raised, I have seen wild caught at From The Sea for about $7.
Kevin Kunz (Sandy, UT)
300g reef

"A trade by which one gains and the other loses is a fraud."   Ayn Rand
Sarnack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarnack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2003 at 2:50pm
Yeah I tried 2 from there and they both died about 2 days after being in my tank.  I've now had a tank raised A.Ocellaris in there for months so I am fairly certain it was not my doing...  That is why I am so set on tank-raised, I refuse to kill another beautiful wild fish.
KeoDog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeoDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2003 at 3:04pm
How new/old was your tank when you had them?  I seemed to kill several fish when my tank was only a couple of months old.   I have since learned to have the best success to wait several months (3-6) before stocking and then only about 1 fish every 2 to 3 weeks. 
Kevin Kunz (Sandy, UT)
300g reef

"A trade by which one gains and the other loses is a fraud."   Ayn Rand
Sarnack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarnack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2003 at 3:28pm
The tank had been set up 6 months or so and had a common clean up crew and some corals...  It's just a little 7 gallon mini-bow I keep here at work.  The fish were fine for a day or 2, active and eating, then were very stressed and "gasping" like they had a problem (infection, parasite) with their gills.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic