Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MP40wES QD Upgrade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Melissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MP40wES QD Upgrade
    Posted: October 29 2015 at 7:35am
My MP40 wetside has been binding up a lot and finally some of the plastic bits gave up last week, so I ordered the new QD wetside and then figured I may as well get the new driver as well since it was supposed to be much quieter.

It took me about 5 minutes to switch out the driver, and I have to say that I have been very pleasantly surprised.  Every time I walk by the tank I find myself checking that it is still running because it is so quietTongue

So if anyone is on the fence about it...
love2skiutah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love2skiutah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2015 at 10:01am
I'll have to pick these up.  I've got 5 and it sounds like a rocket ship is taking off in my front living room.
IronMonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IronMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2015 at 7:45pm
I have a pair of the QDs as well and you are right, they are silent. I usually have to put my hand on the driver to feel the subtle vibration of it running sometimes :-)

-Adam
Reefboy4life View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reefboy4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2015 at 2:21am
Originally posted by love2skiutah love2skiutah wrote:

I'll have to pick these up.  I've got 5 and it sounds like a rocket ship is taking off in my front living room.

LMAO

Edited by Reefboy4life - November 05 2015 at 2:23am
90 gallon mixed reef
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic