Facebook
Twitter

Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DEC MEETING

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DEC MEETING
    Posted: November 16 2015 at 1:49pm
DEC MEETING: 

TUESDAY DEC 1 @ 7 PM 

HOLIDAY SOCIAL

Come and hang out and have a good ol time. We will be having a potluck so bring your favorite dish to share with others. This is a time to kick back talk fish with each other and just have a fun time together. 

We will also be holding a food drive so bring a canned good and it will be donated to: 

backwards32 View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backwards32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2015 at 1:14pm
I will be there for sure. and I will bring the wife and little monster. we can bring chili and cornbread for the potluck
Fish Food Direct
Great Food for half the price
801-721-0671
call or text me anytime
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2015 at 9:41pm
Chili and Cornbread sounds amazing.

If you are going, please post your potluck item!
Larry DuPont LRS Reef Frenzy (10/4)

Reef Tour (10/13)
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2015 at 10:17pm
Yesssssssss... Tuesday is goooood
hydro phoenix View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hydro phoenix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2015 at 7:40am
I can bring my cranberry orange bread again. It won't look like it's exploded out of the pan this time...
recent absurdity..Unicorns have rabies
Reefer4Ever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reefer4Ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2015 at 7:48am
We are going to bring a couple pans of my wife's enchiladas.
90 gal reef w/refugium
24 gal softie tank
11 gal nano anemone tank
5 gal fresh water
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2015 at 11:18am
I'll be coming as well. Just need to decide on what to bring!
None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront
Fatman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2015 at 10:22am
arthuriv View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arthuriv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2015 at 1:59pm
I'll be there and will probable have the wife and kids as well. Will be bringing something glutin free I'm sure.
Quality Marines Aquaculturing & Captive Breeding program!
Presented by Ashley & Chelsea from Reef On
Thursday 6 Oct 2016
backwards32 View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backwards32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2015 at 10:00pm
Will the club be providing things like bowls and plates or utinsels or do people need to bring a bunch for their dish?
Fish Food Direct
Great Food for half the price
801-721-0671
call or text me anytime
HumuHumuForever View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HumuHumuForever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2015 at 10:13pm
Theresa and I will be there with Brownies.
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2015 at 7:41am
Looking forward to seeing everyone! 

I will check on the plates question. 

Reef Tour (10/13)
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2015 at 2:52pm

Originally posted by backwards32 backwards32 wrote:

Will the club be providing things like bowls and plates or utinsels or do people need to bring a bunch for their dish?

We are working to get some plates and utensils as well as cups and napkins but if you are bringing a dish that needs any kind of special serving item (ladle, large spoon, knife) you will need to bring that with you.   

Reef Tour (10/13)
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2015 at 10:07pm
Had a great time chatting with old friends and new. Delicious food too. Donna and I loved the green salad with Strawberries, Craisens and more delicious goodies.

Aloha,
Mark  Hug
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2015 at 10:28pm
It's my favorite and I figured others would like it as well.glad I was right. :)
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Hogie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2015 at 10:52pm
Sad I had to miss out!
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2015 at 6:59am
Krazie, I knew I liked you but after that salad, I love you. Heart
My wife is "vegan", eating nothing that comes from or is made with animal products. She advises me to eat a plant based diet but tells me that I often "cheat". LOL

Last night, in addition to Krazie's salad, I cheated. I feasted on animal products and loved it, though at 5 AM my stomach woke me up complaining to me that I overdid the meat aspect. Embarrassed Today I'll offset that effect with my daily green salad meal. Smile    Life has wonderful "ups" and "downs".

It was a great party.

Edited by Mark Peterson - December 02 2015 at 7:01am
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2015 at 8:18am
Well while the vegan's general practice is to try and live as healthy as possible and potentially prolong their existence.

I generally adopt the practice of enjoying as many things as I can in the time that I am here. Food being a large part of that for me. I did a pretty good job of limiting my meal to small amounts of each selection, or so I thought. Then Adam, the food decimator, came back to the table with items that weren't there (or I just didn't see) when I went through. Those extra samples pushed me to the overfull level.

I was glad to have that big green salad to break up all those heavy meaty items. Plus it's pretty healthy to boot (well unless you're allergic to pumpkin seeds and eat the salad anyway )!
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Reefer4Ever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reefer4Ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2015 at 9:59am
It was a great evening with good food friends and all things salty :)
90 gal reef w/refugium
24 gal softie tank
11 gal nano anemone tank
5 gal fresh water
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2015 at 10:43am
Sorry I missed it Ouch sounds like you all had a good time!
- My Current Tank: 150g Mixed Reef -

* Marine & Reef tanks since 1977 *
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic