Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Living planet fire

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Living planet fire
    Posted: December 13 2015 at 2:09pm
I'm betting someone forgot to empty the skimmer. We'll see.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
AcroNem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcroNem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2015 at 2:19pm
There was a fire?
150G mixed reef, growing coral farm.
Thirteenth year keeping reefs, always here to talk fish.
801-850-7577.
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2015 at 4:29pm
I bet we never hear the "True" reason behind the fire.
335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2015 at 4:36pm
LOL
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2015 at 5:01pm
http://fox13now.com/2015/12/13/crews-respond-to-2-alarm-fire-at-living-planet-aquarium/
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2015 at 4:18pm
Penguins playing with matches?
- My Current Tank: 65g Starfire (sitting empty for 2+ years) -

* Marine & Reef tanks since 1977 *
Baghtal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghtal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2015 at 12:21pm
Kitchen Fire :(
I like to think that the moon is there, even when I'm not looking at it.
~Albert Einstein
PharmaSki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PharmaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2015 at 9:51pm
Wait why were the penguins in the kitchen?
Yes, I'm a Pharmacist.
No, the blue lights at my house are not growing "pharmaceuticals"...
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2015 at 5:37pm
I heard today from the LLPA Security Contractor that the reason for the LLPA fire was the explosion at Johannas restaurant. Shocked The natural gas explosion sent a piece of burning shrapnel up and over, landing on the LLPA. I would love to have seen that. Smile

Aloha,
Mark  Hug
Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2015 at 6:55pm
Really?!?  LLPA is almost 4 miles from Johanna's Kitchen.  And no one else had a fire between them?  I suppose it's not impossible, but improbable enough to be next to impossible.
relethg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote relethg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2015 at 8:28pm

DRAPER — There was a small fire on the rooftop at the Loveland Living Planet Aquarium Sunday. Fortunately, Santa Claus was already in the building to help.

About 12:45 p.m., Unified Fire Authority crews responded to a report of a possible kitchen fire at the aquarium, 12033 S. Lone Peak Parkway (200 West). Once fire crews arrived, they checked the roof of the structure per protocol, said fire spokesman Chris Atkin. That's when they discovered the problem was not in the kitchen.

"Crews found that the fire was actually on the roof. Looks like it was in the roof membrane," he said.

The fire was believed to have started because of a malfunction to an air handling unit, Atkin said. The fire was extinguished quickly and power to the building and the exhibits did not have to be cut.

Johanna's explosion was monday morning (around 1AM) I believe.

210 G Filled 18 Mar 15
120 G Filled 11 Jun 16
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2015 at 6:48am
Ahhhhhh that makes more sense. Thanks Glenn. I was thinking the same as you Will. How could an explosion at about 9800 So. State send shrapnel all the way to ~12000 So ~400 W. and not rain burning shrapnel everywhere in between? I didn't notice the time difference of 12 hours. Embarrassed  
Now that makes me think of that Security Manager as a buffoon. What does that make me? 

Aloha,
Mark  Clown
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic