Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Acrylic / Automotive / Aircraft polishing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Acrylic / Automotive / Aircraft polishing
    Posted: January 05 2016 at 9:37am
Sometimes called Micro Mesh, I need some cloth backed sanding sheets/discs in grits of 2400 and 4000. Locally, it appears this material may be used by Automotive finishing shops, though mostly in courser grits. I need just a couple of these sheets of 2400 and 4000 grit. 

What I don't need is a complete Acrylic Scratch Removal Kit with the grit assortment and I don't need a pack of 5 of each grit as is sold online, along with with minimum order restrictions. Unhappy

Anyone have access, through their work, to these two grits with cloth/loop backing? Would prefer 4" or larger sheets/discs. Thanks

Aloha,
Mark  Hug
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2016 at 10:38am
I may have a set in my garage. I thought I already gave it to you. I'll check.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2016 at 3:28pm
Thanks. I'm not sure if it came from you, Adam, but have a Lifeguard Aquatics Scratch Removal kit. Unfortunately, those kits only have one 2400, one 3200 and one 4000 grit pieces and they are only 3"x4". That size often slips off the magnet as I'm running it. A larger size can be secured so it doesn't slip. The other 6 grits in the kit are ineffective for quick polishing/algae scraping of the inside surface. They are too course leaving fine scratches that take more time to sand out, or too fine taking forever to do the job.

I'm still looking, if anyone can help me. I'd be happy to purchase the sheets for ~$5 each.

Aloha,
Mark  Hug
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
1stupidpunk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1stupidpunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2016 at 4:04pm
Let me check around at work. I believe we polish aircraft canopy transparency with something in the 6000 grit range.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic