Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nanu's 20L build.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Nanu'sReef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nanu'sReef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nanu's 20L build.
    Posted: January 09 2016 at 12:18pm
Hello all this is my first saltwater aquarium so I'm sure I will make a lot of mistakes and ask a lot of questions but I'm excited to start this new hobby.

My tank is a 20 gal long tank and I painted the back a dark blue. I still need to drill my bulk head hole in the back and attach my overflow box.

I'm running a 10gal sump that I siliconed 1/4" glass baffles in. I'm going to be putting some micro alge and protein skimmer in there also.

I haven't finalized my aquascape yet but am liking this idea so far. I'm running about 30lbs of dry rock.

My stand is a diy of a plan I found online. I still need to put on my doors and paint it. I haven't decided on a color yet so any Input would be great.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nanu'sReef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2016 at 8:46pm
My sand, salt, heater, skimmer, sump pump, heater, powerhead, test kit, and more finally arrived. Unfortunately it won't be until the weekend until I'm able to put water in this baby.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nanu'sReef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2016 at 8:50pm
I've also played around with my aquascape for a little bit and came up with the same but different version. I'm sure it will change again (I'm having fun trying different layouts).
Fatman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2016 at 9:30pm
I like that look. Nice!
superman1981 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superman1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2016 at 9:54pm
Awesome! Putting together a new tank is always fun.

I like the rock design, it looks great!
Sure you are, you are Crappy Reef Club Member #1 -Chk4tix

6 gal nanocube
65 gal build thread

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nanu'sReef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2016 at 2:55pm
Well yesterday I was finally able to put in my sand and saltwater. I also put in instant ocean BIO-Spira & Dr. Tims ammonia. I tested today in the morning this is the results.
This is what it looks like. Still kind of milky.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic