Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RODI shower hookup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sleepingdeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleepingdeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RODI shower hookup
    Posted: February 16 2016 at 10:52am
We just moved to salt lake and in our previous apartment I could hook up the unit to a faucet, but the faucets at our new place don't have a removable aerator. I want to hook it up to the shower head, but am not quite sure how to go about it. Any suggestions? Not looking for a permanent solution as we won't be here forever.
Fatman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2016 at 11:23am
Try this: http://spectrapure.com/PARTS-SUPPLIES/FEED-DRAIN-ADAPTERS/Feed-water-adapter-1-2in-male-x-1-2in-female-x-1-4in-tubing

$7.00 + shipping. They are in Arizona so shipping has been fast.

Kevin
sleepingdeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleepingdeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2016 at 11:34am
AWESOME! Thank you!
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2016 at 11:53am
I don't understand. How do you get enough pure water to run to the shower?

Aloha,
Mark  Hug
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Holyzion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holyzion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2016 at 12:06pm
Mark, 

He would be using this to supply the water to the RO/DI unit, this is the solution when you can't pierce a pipe with a saddle tap. 

Before he would use a simple screw on faucet unit to supply the water to the RO unit. 
74G Mixed Reef
3G Picotope
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2016 at 7:17am
 LOL Oh silly me. I got it backwards.

At the washing machine, if available, I have used a $5 "Y" faucet adapter from HD/Lowes with a brass reducing adapter, also from HD/Lowes to connect one output end to the RO line. The RO unit hangs on the wall behind the washing machine and a 5 gal bucket fills as it's sitting on top of the machine. If it overfills, the spill simply drains into the washing machine. 

Aloha.
Mark  Hug

Edited by Mark Peterson - February 17 2016 at 7:19am
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic