Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bengal Kitties

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bengal Kitties
    Posted: February 24 2016 at 4:17pm
Absolutely love Bengal kittens! I have always wanted one. We fostered some for a night because we had a cat that we had just gotten rid of her kittens and I guess the mother to the bengals was trying to kill hem everything they fed. It didn't work out as our cats milk was drying up by that time but man they were gorgeous even at a few days old!

We however have two huskies so getting a kitten would not be a good idea:/
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
Marcoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2016 at 1:23pm
Wow! Those cats are gorgeous! My wife and I, before we were husband and wife, had two beautiful Devon Rex's. We got rid of them when we took a short break, about 5-6 years ago, but I miss them. 

I agree; cats are more than salt water! I used to spend at least a few hundred a month between food, vet bills, cat sitters, etc. 

You'll have to keep posting pictures as they grow. 
RedSea Max S400 - 90G Rimless Frag Tanks x2 - 185 Lookdown Bin
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2016 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by mermaidcamille mermaidcamille wrote:

Non-fish... I have some chickens. Totally not nearly as exciting as the cats.

The Woottons have chickens too, they are pretty neat and they give you eggs!
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2016 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by neurotivity neurotivity wrote:

Which generation are yours?

Breeder said SBT - we think F6 or F7.
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank
mermaidcamille View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mermaidcamille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2016 at 1:02pm

Non-fish... I have some chickens. Totally not nearly as exciting as the cats.
135g...D.E.A.D

Welcome bright and shiny 120!
neurotivity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neurotivity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2016 at 1:01pm
Which generation are yours?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neurotivity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2016 at 12:57pm
F2 is the generation
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2016 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by neurotivity neurotivity wrote:

He was extremely wild/timid at first but he quickly opened up to me. 

He would sleep with me in my bed every night and do a crazy parkour lap around the house right before I fed him every morning. In fact he did parkour pretty much all day. It amazed me how he could jump from the floor to the top of the fridge with such ease.

He definitely ate a ridiculous amount of food and Science Diet isn't cheap either. I chose the name Armani due to the small fortune I spent on him. Haha it seemed fitting.

Thanks awesome - ours are still too small for some of the big jumps.  We put shelves up at 7-8 feet in their bedroom when they are ready.  Bengals love to be really up high.
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2016 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by Hogie Hogie wrote:

What does F2 mean?

From this site - http://www.auroralights-bengals.com/id75.html

His f2 is a quarter wild.  Ours our SBT, they are about 6-7 generations down.  Less wildness, but all bengal traits and looks. 

The Asian Leopard Cat (also called ALC for short) is a SMALL leopard. It is usually quite timid. When people see the word leopard they usually think of a large leopard and wonder how it is we are able to breed these to our small bengals. The fact is , most ALC's are around 13-15lbs.

We take an ALC and breed it to a bengal. The kittens produced by this breeding are called F1's.

The F1 female is bred to a male bengal and the kittens produced are called F2's.

The F2 is bred to a bengal and the kittens produced are called F3's.

The F3 is bred to a bengal and the kittens are NOW CONSIDERED SBT (stud book tradition meaning at least 4 generations away from the leopard cat) BENGALS or F4's.
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neurotivity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2016 at 12:54pm
He was extremely wild/timid at first but he quickly opened up to me. 

He would sleep with me in my bed every night and do a crazy parkour lap around the house right before I fed him every morning. In fact he did parkour pretty much all day. It amazed me how he could jump from the floor to the top of the fridge with such ease.

He definitely ate a ridiculous amount of food and Science Diet isn't cheap either. I chose the name Armani due to the small fortune I spent on him. Haha it seemed fitting.
Hogie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2016 at 12:49pm
What does F2 mean?
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2016 at 12:44pm
Wow an F2 - how was that, pretty wild one huh? 

Stunning cat, thats too bad you weren't able to bring him with you. 

We are doing Royal Canin right now, wet and dry.  Those two are trying to eat me out of house and home.!
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neurotivity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2016 at 12:41pm
Adorable kittens with beautiful markings (:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neurotivity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2016 at 12:40pm
This was my F2 Bengal that I named Armani. I wasn't able to bring him along when I moved away to Michigan for college, so my roommate purchased/adopted him from me. ):

They're such incredible cats with really unique personalities. I fed mine Science Diet which kept him sleek and toned. I hope to purchase another Bengal again someday.

Edited by neurotivity - February 24 2016 at 12:43pm
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2016 at 12:35pm
Not sure why the image link isn't working.  I will post as a link here.  Sorry.

http://imgur.com/5MAmWZf

http://imgur.com/6Q3EIwW

http://imgur.com/hUGiZ7C

http://imgur.com/hcBhVC1

http://imgur.com/Oq7leyP

http://imgur.com/KbQ0pnd

Edited by jdinchak - February 24 2016 at 12:38pm
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2016 at 12:26pm
We have a new addition to our house - a pair of female Bengal kitties that are taking up all our time and attention.  They have been a blast.  We saw one on a reef tour a few years ago and although we knew the breed it really got us thinking about it.  The opportunity presented itself this fall and we bought them from a breeder in Colorado and then waited for them to come home to us. 

We even redid one of our unused storage bedrooms for a nice fun cat room.  They are a blast.

They are 14 weeks old. 

Who else has Bengals?

Cinci in pink, Natty in Blue 

Meet Cinci and Natty - Bengals.

The cats at 6 weeks

Edited by jdinchak - February 24 2016 at 12:35pm
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic