Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My RSM250 Modded

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Skyward Imaging View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyward Imaging Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My RSM250 Modded
    Posted: March 07 2016 at 7:44pm
So Thought I would start this thread to show off my modded RSM250. Here is a list of equipment that is running it and in it.

RSM 250
Tunez 9001 with InTank cup
Media Reactor (GFO)
7 Watt UV Sterilizer 
InTank Media Basket
2 MP10w Powerheads
Jeabo 4 part dosing pump (Not setup yet but it will be)
Apex jr with module for lights

Now on to tank inhabitants. The following is what I have in there right now and probably wont add more for awhile.

1 Blue Hippo Tang sm
1 Orangetip Bristletooth Tang sm
4 Green Chromis
2 Ocellaris Clowns sm
1 Fairy Wrasse sm

As for coral I have tons but I really don't know the names of all of it. LOL

jbuck13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbuck13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2016 at 9:05pm
Looks great! Sorry I haven't been up to bring that rf module, has the mp 10 been working?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyward Imaging Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2016 at 6:17am
Yeah it works fine. I found a module for it no worries.
LakeCityReefs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeCityReefs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2016 at 8:45am
Lookin good!
How long have you had it setup?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyward Imaging Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2016 at 9:30am
2 months
LakeCityReefs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeCityReefs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2016 at 10:30am
So much fun, glad you shared your tank with us!

Hope you don't mind that I have a few questions. I'm at the 2 week mark with my own setup and searching for ideas for when I'm at your same progression.

When did you start to see phos and nitrate climb to a point where you needed to look at export methods? What did you decide to use?

6-8 weeks was the mark where I typically started seeing coralline on the pumps and such. Are you seeing this?

Thanks again for sharing. Awesome tank!
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2016 at 10:36am
Looks good!
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyward Imaging Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2016 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by LakeCityReefs LakeCityReefs wrote:

So much fun, glad you shared your tank with us!

Hope you don't mind that I have a few questions. I'm at the 2 week mark with my own setup and searching for ideas for when I'm at your same progression.

When did you start to see phos and nitrate climb to a point where you needed to look at export methods? What did you decide to use?

6-8 weeks was the mark where I typically started seeing coralline on the pumps and such. Are you seeing this?

Thanks again for sharing. Awesome tank!

Please don't do what I did LOL Learn from my mistakes. First DON'T add too much like I did. It leads to loss of fish and corals. I got lucky only losing a $100 Anemone Ouch If you don't have livestock then just let it go for awhile. It won't hurt. If you have any fish or corals then I would test at least once a week and do water changes once a week too. Small ones so you don't upset the cycle process. Coralline usually takes awhile to start so don't plan on it right away. As for export methods I went all our on mechanical and am using skimmer, UV light, GFO Reactor, Media basket with filter floss and carbon. I have been doing a 10% water change per week since week 4 (when my anemone was put in and died).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic