Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

copperband butterfly injury?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
beege29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beege29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: copperband butterfly injury?
    Posted: March 13 2016 at 11:37pm
I have a large copperband that has developed 3 small/medium white bumps on his right side. They look like a big zit or whitehead that he keeps scraping on the rocks. It's not ich. Its a different parasite I am sure and I dont know what to do. I have him quarantined. All other fish are fine. I dont know how to post pics. I have tried photobucket. Doesn't work. I can text them to somebody if they can help me 801 361 2086
90 gallon mixed reef
30 gallon sump
beege29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beege29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2016 at 12:14am
It may be lymphocytes? Or lymphocytis?
90 gallon mixed reef
30 gallon sump
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2016 at 1:06am
You can text me the pic and I'll post it for you Brandon.
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2016 at 7:06am
If you have him in Quarantine then treat with PraziPro and Hypo salinity (1.010) to rid him of the parasite.

Slowly reduce the salinity by removing 1 cup or saltwater and replacing it with RODI 3-4 times per day until you reach that number. Then leave the salinity there for 1-3 weeks before slowly raising it back up to your normal level. Keep up water changes on the DT and treat with Prazi for the first two weeks. As long as he's eating he should do well with this treatment.
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
beege29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beege29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2016 at 10:01am
Jackie I texted you the pic
90 gallon mixed reef
30 gallon sump
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2016 at 1:03pm

Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
beege29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beege29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2016 at 6:04pm
Anybody?? Lympho's??
90 gallon mixed reef
30 gallon sump
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2016 at 8:00pm

Hmmm, the image of the white tufts reminds me of something similar I have seen before. In one instance I remember best, I really didn't do anything special. I left the fish in the tank. I can't remember whether I bought a Cleaner Shrimp or whether it was already in the tank. I saw the fish getting cleaned and within a couple weeks the white tufts were gone. As I recall, the fish lived a good long life.

There was a thread about something like this not long ago. I'll try to find it....here you go.

http://utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=79185

Aloha,

Mark  Hug

P.S.

I understand how we hobbyists can become concerned about these issues, yet I believe we can sometimes over-react. I believe this is not a parasite. It could be a virus or a fungus. Either way I believe it is not too serious and the fish will live through it, if kept from stress in a comfortable, healthy environment.

Edited by Mark Peterson - March 14 2016 at 8:22pm
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
beege29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beege29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2016 at 9:01pm
Thanks for the info Mark
90 gallon mixed reef
30 gallon sump
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2016 at 10:12pm

Hope we helped, with several ways to "skin a cat." (Where in the world did that saying come from?)

Please let us know how this ends.

BTW, posting pics is not too difficult if you follow Jeff/krazieforacans step by step, illustrated instructions in a recent thread about it. The question is asked so often that I decided to put that thread at the top of the list in the Reefkeeping Tips.  Smile

Aloha,

Mark  Hug

Edited by Mark Peterson - March 14 2016 at 10:15pm
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic