Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Red Sea Coral Colors

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
scfurse77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scfurse77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Red Sea Coral Colors
    Posted: May 26 2016 at 12:12am
Anybody out there use the Red Sea Coral Colors A,B,C,D I just got some and want to give it a try but i need help with the dosing amounts. I am using BRS 2 part Calcium and am dosing 8 ML a day. I know that you can dose this stuff based off of how much calcium your dosing. But i am not really sure how to calculate that because i know every type of calcium is different.

If anyone out there has any experience with this stuff please chime in. 
CADLIGHTS 42 Versa, 20 Gallon Sump, ATI Dimmable 8 Bulb T5 w/SbReef Lights Sbar, Bubble Muggus Skimmer and really mad wife :)
evan127 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote evan127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2016 at 9:33am
I have been using the Red Sea Coral Colors for about 8 months. I started out at 1ml day. I can't exactly remember how I got that number, but it was how much 2 part I doses per day according to BRS. I had been dosing 2ml a day of each A, B, C, and D. That would bring my potassium and iron levels up to the bare minimum for the test kits to read. I suggest getting test kits to test for those parameters and adjust the RSCC appropriately.

Edit: timeframe on how long I have been using RSCC

Edited by evan127 - May 26 2016 at 9:34am
scfurse77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scfurse77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2016 at 10:12am
Thanks, Anybody else have any input.

I've done a little bit of research and there is a video on BRS that says i should dose 1ML of each color per 51ML of Calcium that i dose. So with me dosing 8 ML of Calcium a day that means i should dose just about 1ml a week of each color. That seems a little low. But then again i have a pretty small tank. ( 42g with 16g sump) I figure just under 40g total water volume.

I hear the test kits are like a science project and are pretty difficult to use and can also be fairly inaccurate. With all the other test i already have to do i don't know if i'm quite ready to start testing for trace elements.
CADLIGHTS 42 Versa, 20 Gallon Sump, ATI Dimmable 8 Bulb T5 w/SbReef Lights Sbar, Bubble Muggus Skimmer and really mad wife :)
evan127 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote evan127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2016 at 10:38am
I don't know about the accuracy of them in general because I don't have a standard to compare them to, but I really like the Red Sea tests kits. However, they are somewhat like a science project as it does take some time and they are fairly elaborate (especially the potassium test kit).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic