Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Finding Dory Thoughts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hogie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finding Dory Thoughts
    Posted: June 18 2016 at 10:15pm
What did you all think of the movie? I tried to put away the fish person in me and just enjoy the movie, but I struggled to get past all the water inconsistencies. The jumping from fresh water to salt water and warm to cold water...I just couldn't do it. Also, it was hard to get past that the whole thing is set off the California coast...cold water. If they would have just set it in Florida...

Getting past the fish stuff, I still wasn't a huge fan. In finding Nemo, Dory's short term memory loss and Dory are the comic relief. In Finding Dory, they turn that into a serious, fear and hurt filled problem that turns the tone of the more drama filled and takes away the comedy (even spoils some of the comedy from finding Nemo.)

So, based on all that stuff, the movie may have found Dory, but it lost me.
Chevmaro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevmaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2016 at 3:52pm
Good thing i seen Warcraft yesterday then.  I'll wait for DVD.
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2016 at 5:11pm
I still enjoyed but the water cup and mop bucket were a bit out there.

One thing not mention is she was a tank bred tang! Not much mentioned of that awesomeness.
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2016 at 10:29pm
It was way better than expected. Some "aquarium" problems but the movie was oral quite entertaining.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2016 at 9:04am
LOVED it! Thought it was great. The end. 

J
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2016 at 9:08am
Originally posted by Jeremyw Jeremyw wrote:

LOVED it! Thought it was great. The end. 

J

Did you stay for the end credits?  Some awesome stuff there!

180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2016 at 9:16am
I did it was funny! 
superman1981 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superman1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2016 at 10:52pm
I enjoyed it much more than I was expecting to. The water inconsistencies did bother me a bit, but overall it was pretty good. It is much better than the past 3 or 4 Pixar movies.

My kids loved it, and really, that's the most important thing.
Sure you are, you are Crappy Reef Club Member #1 -Chk4tix

6 gal nanocube
65 gal build thread
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2016 at 8:37am
Originally posted by superman1981 superman1981 wrote:

My kids loved it, and really, that's the most important thing.

Word

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
mermaidcamille View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mermaidcamille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2016 at 10:02am
I love that the water inconsistencies are bothersome...but no one is bothered by talking fish LOL
135g...D.E.A.D

Welcome bright and shiny 120!
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2016 at 10:54am
When I saw it I set aside my Fish hat and left my Mickey ears on ;) 
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2016 at 10:56am
I did have the thought a few times Hank the octopus would have totally snacked on Dory and a few others if given free reign.
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank
Hogie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2016 at 11:39am
Originally posted by mermaidcamille mermaidcamille wrote:

I love that the water inconsistencies are bothersome...but no one is bothered by talking fish LOL

Why would talking fish be bothersome?
WaitForIt... View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WaitForIt... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2016 at 12:08pm

I was more bothered that California Sea Lions had a cockney accent.  It's all fun and games until you misrepresent an indigenous native mammal by giving them a hard-to-understand impairment.

Just kidding, though.  Disney has always taken liberties like these.  Just enjoy and take the professional side of yourself out of it for a minute.  Even as a "grown-up", I enjoy acting like a kid with my kids sometimes.

It is possible that longing for something is actually better than having it. Satisfaction is the death of desire.
Hogie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2016 at 2:47pm
It's all fun and games till someone misrepresents accents...
jason View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2016 at 1:00am
MY KIDS AND WIFE LOVED IT,  me it was fun watching my 10 year old son name the types of fish
if wishes were fishes we would all have some
1stupidpunk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1stupidpunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2016 at 9:12am
I took my 2 year old to this for her very first movie... and she LOVED IT minus the "scary mean squid".
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic