Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Photographer wanted

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Churchtown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Churchtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Photographer wanted
    Posted: August 22 2016 at 7:59pm
Would someone familiar with reef photography be willing to come take some pictures of my tank and corals for me? I have coral, money or just amusing conversation (and beer, wine or liquor) trade for services. The ol Samsung phone just doesn't do it. Thanks in advance. PM, or text 801-647-2297
150 tall, lots of sps. Therapy for a troubled mind
dlairdc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlairdc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2016 at 8:05pm
I found If I turned the flash on my HTC could take a decent pic.  I have a nice Nikon with great wide angle.  could try that?
Best of life is promoting life. dlc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Churchtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2016 at 8:25pm
Got a 150 tall I'm more than willing to give it a shot (no pun intended)
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2016 at 1:58am
that's a big possibility... depends on when
proskier101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proskier101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2016 at 8:04am
make it a party and we will all come take photos! LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Churchtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2016 at 10:37am
I'm in, cold drinks game or two of pool bbq and oh yeah pictures of the tank. I got a pretty flexible evening schedule if any one wants to bring a camera over. Let me know text is best 801-647-2297
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2016 at 12:16pm
Just put your tank on the next reef tour!

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Hogie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2016 at 1:00pm
I'd be glad to help with photography. Do you have a camera that you use? Are you looking to learn how to take better pictures or how to use a certain camera?
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2016 at 1:18pm
If you were in my area I would love to come help you but I don't make it that way too often:(
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Churchtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2016 at 7:32pm
I would love a lesson, I got a cannon dslr around somewhere. Reef tour, not sure it's good enough for that but Hogie if you can come and teach me a bit and give me an opinion I would consider it
kevin.st View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin.st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2016 at 7:55pm
Jackie, do you mind giving the camera setting you use?   Also, the lens.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Churchtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2016 at 9:38pm
Hogie, your the man thanks for the lesson and it was awesome meeting you again!

Edited by Churchtown - August 27 2016 at 9:39pm
PrettymanExotics View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrettymanExotics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2016 at 4:58pm
Speaking about photography.. I am horrible at it.  I have a Nikon D5000,  anyone know if i need to get a special lense to take decent shots??
Prettyman Exotics
825 N 300 W Ste C138
Salt Lake City, UT 84103
Wednesday-Saturday 11am-7pm
Sunday 11am-3pm
Closed Mondays and Tuesday
LIVE FOODS:
Phytoplankton, Copepods, Rotifers, Tigger pods
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2016 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by kevin.st kevin.st wrote:

Jackie, do you mind giving the camera setting you use?   Also, the lens.

Sorry didn't see this comment. I will take a look at my most used settings and let you know.
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic