Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Other Half

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BADM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BADM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Other Half
    Posted: August 30 2016 at 12:06pm
Hello everyone,

I guess I should take a second to introduce myself because you will be seeing a lot more of me in the next little bit for MWRF but I am going to be doing our tank thread also.  I am Kenzy Hogan.  I am the other half of Eddy Hogan (Hogie).  We/He took on the saltwater world several years ago and have loved getting to know people on the board and in the community.  Now I say we but let me be the first to say that the "We" is kind of lopsided, but we have an awesome system that works swimmingly.  Eddy is in charge of our tanks and I monitor and tell him when things don't look "normal".  When Eddy had knee surgery in March, he found out very quickly that I could do a lot more than I lead on, but that I could also have an awesome meltdown at 11:00PM when I saw our hippo tang wedged between the wall and a cord.  Little did I know that he was just sleeping.  I'm sure this is probably the case for most of you who have a spouse who stays home and looks at the tank all day while you are at work or takes care of it while you are out of town.  

We have 5 tanks currently and each has there own personality.  Our smallest is a 6 gallon with 3 clowns that lay eggs on a 10-14 day cycle.  The next 2 are a 10 gallon and a 20 gallon that are mostly softy tanks. Then there is the 45 gallon frag tank that we use as a display.  That one is probably my favorite and where most of my pictures come from on POTM.  Our biggest is a 180 with a 50 gallon sump that is recovering from a 34 fish wipeout due to Marine Velvet.  More to that on the thread that will be starting shortly.  

I have a talent of going into a fish store and picking something out that is the most expensive thing in the store or not for sale.  Usually the first will give me some leverage for picking something else.  Eddy is into blastos, sticks, fish and other odds and ends and I enjoy clams, plates, scolys, nems, softies, and some fish.  So between the two of us, we have a pretty cool collection of corals and fish in the tanks. Although I am still trying to learn the mechanics of the saltwater world, I am glad I have my other half and those of the board to go to for questions. I am excited to see and learn in the years to come.

PharmaSki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PharmaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2016 at 2:46pm
Welcome Kenzy! We are glad Eddy has someone to take care of him!
Yes, I'm a Pharmacist.
No, the blue lights at my house are not growing "pharmaceuticals"...
Teknik777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teknik777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2016 at 4:08pm
Welcome
220 G SPS Display.

Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2016 at 9:23am
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2016 at 9:33am
Awesome having two hobbyists in the same house!  Although that does lead to some expensive trips to the LFS! 
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank
theresawhite View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theresawhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2016 at 9:54am
I agree with what Jon said. I know if Dave wants a coral then that means I need to have one too :-). Good for LFS but bad for the pocketbook.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic