Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2017 WMAS Winter Banquet and Social - Event Date: February 02 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
jdinchak View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2017 at 12:35pm
Elevate your Winter Banquet Experience at SeaQuest. Ticket holders will have the option to purchase additional experiences to "elevate" your time at the Banquet. All extras are purchased directly through SeaQuest.

Swimming with Stingrays
http://seaquestaquariums.com/utah/product/snorkel-with-the-stingrays/

Fish Pedicure
http://seaquestaquariums.com/utah/product/fish-spa-session/

Feeding the animals, including:
-Pacu
-Freshwater rays
-Arowana
-Miscellaneous freshwater fish from the Amazon
-Iguanas
-Wolf Eel
-Maine lobsters
-Dungeness crabs
-Various tropical saltwater fish (tangs, angels, puffers, lionfish, butterflies, etc)
-Sulcata tortoises
-Savannah monitor lizard
-Parakeets/Lorikeets
-Guests are able to go into the aviary where the birds live and feed them right out of their hands
-Trout
-Stingrays (Southern Stingrays, Bat Rays, Butterfly Rays, California Round Rays)
-Sharks (Grey smoothhound sharks, bamboo sharks, nurse sharks)

Many of our large reptiles and snakes can be held as well, including 12 foot Sunfire Reticulated Python, 10 foot albino Burmese Python, 4.5 foot Red Argentine Tegu
Reef Tour (11/4)

Holiday Potluck (12/7)
jdinchak View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2017 at 9:44pm
Last day for tickets is 1/26! We have to turn in the count for catering. Get your tickets soon!
Reef Tour (11/4)

Holiday Potluck (12/7)
theresawhite View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theresawhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2017 at 7:50pm
As promised.  Here is our 2nd basket for the Winter Banquet.

phys View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2017 at 10:50pm
My basket is still in the makings lol.. need to find a couple other bits.
jdinchak View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2017 at 3:08pm
Last chance to get your WMAS Banquet Tickets is THIS THURSDAY. Don't miss out on the fun. Get your tickets today!

For More Information:
http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=81245&title=2017-wmas-winter-banquet-and-social

To Purchase Tickets:
http://utahreefs.com/store/index.php?route=product/category&path=36
Reef Tour (11/4)

Holiday Potluck (12/7)
hydro phoenix View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hydro phoenix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2017 at 8:31am
So last night I asked Cora (my niece) again if she wants to snorkel with me and some stingrays at SeaQuest and she says "well, I've never done it before." I said "me neither, wouldn't it be fun to do it together?" Then she says "what is a stingray?" A loud round of OOOOHHH! happens. Daniel (my brother in law) reminds her about the stingray in Finding Nemo. We'll see if she's still interested in a few days. Otherwise I'll be snorkeling by myself when I go to the banquet in February.

Edited by hydro phoenix - January 23 2017 at 8:33am
recent absurdity..Unicorns have rabies
Hogie View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2017 at 1:00pm
Man, I'm craving some BBQ. How long till this again?
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2017 at 1:07pm
Too loong. Just over a week out! Ticket are only for sale until this Thursday the 26th so get them if you haven't already.

No ticket sales at the door for this one so get them while you can!
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
jdinchak View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2017 at 9:46pm
Breaking News! Our friends at SeaQuest have a limited time offer for Banquet attendees - Prepurchase a Fish Pedicure or Snorkel with the Stingray experience and get a pretty awesome discount. Thanks Jeff Ballif and SeaQuest for hooking us up!

Special discount for WMAS banquet attendees - 25% off fish pedicures and Swim with the Stingrays! Valid only on the day of the banquet, February 2. Book in advance on our website, use the links and coupon codes below:

Fish spa: http://seaquestaquariums.com/utah/product/fish-spa-session/
Coupon code WMAS17pedi

Stingrays: http://seaquestaquariums.com/utah/product/snorkel-with-the-stingrays/
Coupon code WMAS17
Reef Tour (11/4)

Holiday Potluck (12/7)
Hogie View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2017 at 5:02pm
Who's planning on doing swimming with the stingrays? I asked Jeff about it and he said when you do it, they provide a wet suit for you to use.
jdinchak View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2017 at 5:13pm
Faith is!
Reef Tour (11/4)

Holiday Potluck (12/7)
phys View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2017 at 1:23am
Anybody have any unused sand they don't need? I only need a few cups for the basket I'm making.
jdinchak View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2017 at 12:44pm
Reminder - tomorrow is the last day to buy banquet tickets.
Reef Tour (11/4)

Holiday Potluck (12/7)
theresawhite View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theresawhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2017 at 5:11pm
Looking forward to some good BBQ and hanging out with friends. Who's with me?

Oh and did I mention the fish pedicure. I even convinced Dave to do it too :-)
HumuHumuForever View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HumuHumuForever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2017 at 10:51pm
Suure, "convinced"....  more like "Hey, we're getting fish pedicures, doesn't that sounds like fun?"  Tongue

-Dave
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2017 at 6:48am
That's sounds like convinced to me. You didn't say no so you must have been "convinced". lol
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
jdinchak View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2017 at 7:31am
LAST DAY TO GET YOUR TICKETS!
Reef Tour (11/4)

Holiday Potluck (12/7)
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2017 at 9:44am
Hey did everyone hear? Today is your last day to get tickets to the banquet.

I said   TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO GET TICKETS TO THE BANQUET!

This means you! Yes, you reading this. If you haven't gotten your tickets then you will miss seeing my handsome mug during the evening of Feb. 2nd at SeaQuest. That's right I will not be letting you in if you try and show up at the door without buying your tickets before tomorrow. I'm just mean that way (you'll probably get over it).

So don't be the one trying to plead your case to the enforcer at the door because you didn't get your tickets.

BUY THEM NOW!

Did my humor come across well in this text post? lol See you all soon!
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2017 at 4:19pm
So SUPER bummed that I'm going to miss this event.  It will be my first time missing the Winter Banquet! Cry

I'm looking forward to some awesome pictures! 

Enjoy!
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2017 at 8:25am
Two days out! Food is ordered and final prep is going on at Seaquest.

For those that got their tickets to the banquet, don't forget you can get discounted tickets to the fish pedicure and stingray snorkel if you pre-purchase them. 25% discount on those two experiences. Good the night of the event, Thursday February 2nd, only.

There will be gift baskets at the event. Everyone will get 3 raffle tickets to put in the baskets of their choice. Standard raffle drawing to pick the winner of each of the baskets! There are some great ones already posted and even more coming soon!

Punch passes for the upcoming LFS tour (March 3-4th) will be available on Thursday as well. $5 for the card and that will get you into the prize drawings at the April 6th meeting. Get a punch from every store on the card and get your card entered into the Grand prize drawing for an amazing prize!
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic