Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

December Meeting - Holiday Potluck - Event Date: December 06 2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
phys View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2016 at 3:47am
Hey guys, I have a work thing at 730, I'll have to just drop by But I'll still bring a dish and say hi for a few.
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2016 at 7:00am
Originally posted by ReefdUp ReefdUp wrote:

Originally posted by Krazie4Acans Krazie4Acans wrote:

I know you are all trying to figure out how to survive Thanksgiving but if Nikki can get here and bring something then the rest of you have no excuse. #doesguiltworkonreefers #letsfillthisthingup #thelonglostreefers

LOL! Yes, the family and I are here for 2.5 weeks visiting and taking training classes (benefit of having a spouse with the same career field).

Since we're in a hotel, we're a bit limited on what we can bring. I have apple cider, and then I'll grab whatever I see we still need on the way. Sorry for the lack of info.

Lastly, Tuesday is Will's birthday, and he's letting me go to this. Can we maybe sing happy birthday or do something else to thank him/embarrass him?

Ok, Nikki is bringing Apple cider and teething biscuits! I hear they are tasty.

At a minimum we will sing (partially in tune) Happy Birthday to him while he stands at the front of the room.
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2016 at 3:16pm
I will bring some pie and soda pop

Nothing like a little pre-Holiday sugar rush Wink
- My Current Tank: 150g Mixed Reef -

* Marine & Reef tanks since 1977 *
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2016 at 3:19pm
It's about time you offered it. I was beginning to think we had lost you. I almost called you out on facebook for liking all my posts and not signing up.
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2016 at 4:59pm
Bringing utensils...sorry to be so boring.
www.reefdup.com
Diving since 2009, reefkeeping since 2007, & fishkeeping since 1987
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2016 at 5:06pm

It's about time you offered it. I was beginning to think we had lost you. I almost called you out on facebook for liking all my posts and not signing up.

Been busy, bro Tongue
- My Current Tank: 150g Mixed Reef -

* Marine & Reef tanks since 1977 *
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2016 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by ReefdUp ReefdUp wrote:

Bringing utensils...sorry to be so boring.

Apple cider and utensils. Got it.
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2016 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by BobC63 BobC63 wrote:

Been busy, bro Tongue

There is life outside the gym💪 lol
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
fasteddie View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fasteddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2016 at 8:22pm
I will bring a some spiked punch hold the spike and some napkins.
3 tanks and no money
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2016 at 7:19am
Thanks Eddie! Spiked would be ok with some of us.

I have updated the OP and I think I have everyone listed with their items. If I missed any them please let me know.

It's not too late and everyone is welcome so please bring your friends and stop at the grocery store on your way. I know I'm looking forward to a night of hanging out with everyone and just relaxing with some great food!

See you all tonight!
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
theresawhite View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theresawhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2016 at 8:41am

I decided to add to what I'm bringing......also bringing cucumber sandwiches and chips. 

After work I'm stopping by Sams Club and pick up some tablecloths for the tables.

I am also planning to make some name tents for the dishes that people have signed up to bring. That way people will know what each dish is and can decide if they want to try it or not :-) 

Can't wait to see everyone tonight.  It's going to be fun to just hang out with everyone.

ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2016 at 4:56pm
In an unfortunate turn of events, we won't be there. Our kids have been sick, and we don't want to keep them out late, especially sick (7pm is their bedtime).

So sorry to miss everyone...this sucks. But...family first.
www.reefdup.com
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2016 at 5:28pm
I had not been following this thread  because I had a prior engagement. I did not see that ReefdUp was attending. 
In a fortunate turn of events that prior engagement has been postponed so my wife and I will be able to attend after all. 
We will miss ReefdUp and her family. Cry

We will bring Vegetable Stew. Smile

Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2016 at 10:57pm
Thanks to all those who made it out tonight. My harassing does no good if all of you don't come out to join us, so thank you to everyone that helped. The food was great (I may have gotten a few compliments on my turkey) and the conversation was much needed. Thanks to our vendors and the donations made by everyone. Reef kingdom, Benepets Foods, Jeremy Olsen, Adam Blundell and caribsea. Those that couldn't make it, you were missed and I hope to see you at the next meeting. Everyone get healthy! :)

Nikki you were missed and talked about. I hope Grant  and V are feeling better. Crystal I hope midget is doing OK and Nicole so getting sick! See everyone next month.
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2016 at 10:58pm
Oh and tell Will we were all ready to sing Happy Birthday to him and he will forever have a void now because of his absence. Lol
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2016 at 9:04am

Oh and tell Will we were all ready to sing Happy Birthday to him and he will forever have a void now because of his absence. Lol

Will do. Lol. Sorry about missing it. We ended up going out to dinner at 6pm, and it ended up a disaster (both kids lost it). So, it was really for the best that we didn't attend.

I'm sure we'll be back up here soon.
www.reefdup.com
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Hogie View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2016 at 10:08am
It was a fun evening. Good turn out! The deviled eggs were awesome.
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2016 at 7:49am
+1 Everything was awesome. Food,friends and fun.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic