Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help with parasite/ bacteria I'd and cure

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
brandonp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brandonp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with parasite/ bacteria I'd and cure
    Posted: November 25 2016 at 1:34pm
Hey all, I have a condition in my tank I need help with. I have what seems to be ich but maybe something else on a few of my fish. Then there is another issue with my blue throat trigger. I also lost my cbb. I can't post pictures so krazie4acans said he will post then for me. I am not sure if I should do prazipro as I know not all parasites can be killed by prazipro. Cupramine isn't a good option as I have a flame angel and some other fish I don't want to risk. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My copperband was the first to get hit hard and then died. Thanks everyone and thanks krazie!
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2016 at 1:57pm

My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
brandonp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brandonp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2016 at 3:45pm
Thanks Jeff!
kevin.st View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin.st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2016 at 6:21pm
This is not good.  You can leave and hope they pull through or pull the fish and QT for a couple of months.  

If you aren't QT'ing new fish, you should start.
brandonp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brandonp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2016 at 10:05am
Thanks Kevin. I was ready to pull everything apart and my lfs talked me out of tearing it apart right away. Then fish 4u recommended doing a bacterial treatment. Now I just have to decide what do do with my clam scallop and feather duster.
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2016 at 11:29pm
What's your phosphate and nitrate levels? I have often seen bacteria breakouts when those are extremely high. My suggestion is to do large and several water changes to help bring the water parameters to a safe level and you can also try to run a large UV sterilizer (if you can borrow one or purchase one) for a bit until it clears up. Parazipro may work but there are a few others that may work better. The big issue is it may kill the beneficial bacteria and life in your main tank. I assume you have coral too? Those wont do well with a lot of meds...
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2016 at 7:28am
At a client's tank a old Dori developed a dime size hole on the side of it's belly. I had the client use my Garlic Oil treatment. The hole stopped deteriorating and has been slowly healing over.

It has also stopped the progression of Marine Velvet in my systems. The instructions for use are located in a Reefkeeping Tip in the link below.

I realize that my passion for Garlic Oil is often over the top, but that's only because the Solgar brand Garlic Oil Perles are so effective. There is something in the manufacturers formulation that makes it work better, in more reef aquariums than any other garlic product.

Aloha and Mele Kalikimaka,
Mark.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
brandonp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brandonp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2016 at 8:18am
Thanks phys and mark. I'll continue to do changes and garlic. I'll treat p04 again. Nitrate is good though. The triggers wound seems to be getting better slowly
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic