Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

top off system and RO/DI

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: top off system and RO/DI
    Posted: December 30 2016 at 2:01am
Hey all, I'd like to see how you have your top off systems set up and what kind of RO/Di system you use.. How do you have it plumbed? How did you run the lines? What kind of top off controller, gravity feed, etc. do you have? I'll post some pictures of mine soon but here's what I have:

6 stage pure r/o system. Initially had a 5 stage with a 75gpd r/o membrane, 5 micron and 0.6 micron carbon blocks, a 5 micron sediment, DI stage from BRS, and an inline carbon block to polish it off. It's connected to the sink with an adaptor off the faucet as I live in a rental and cant do much to the actual water lines.

I then run it to the tank with a RO line from the kitchen to the tank and have a 20g brute can for mixing and then up to a gravity fed 5g jug for the top off. The top off is controlled by a mounted adjustable float on the top of the tank. I also installed a float in the 5g jug on top of a cabinet filled with tank supplies so I don't run the risk of overfilling it and spilling as well as one into the 20g brute.

This was the simplest and cheapest way I've found to do it and so far it has worked really well.

What's worked for you and what hasn't? Lets make it easier for new reefers to search for information on upgrades and set ups! :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic