Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New tank

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
shaggydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaggydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New tank
    Posted: January 07 2017 at 2:48am
Hello,

I have been away from the hobby for a long time. But I'm back and very excited! I have a CAD Lights 60G Cube heading my way via freight. Also. I have a Hydra 26 HD LED with a flex mount and 80 pds of dry rock. 

However, I need some sand and live rock to seed it (sometime in the next couple weeks).  I am in no rush, as I'm taking it slow for a change. I look forward to meeting all the new and old members of this great club and I will not be running a skimmer (never have and never will).

I will be sharing pictures as I go along (slowly), and I know I will get support from this club as I progress. Sorry no pictures now, but I have a vision for an LPS tank, and its gonna be a slow build.

Pictures speak more than words, and I have none for now. If you want to see what I've done in the past go to my flickr page.

Aaron :) 
60g LPS Cube
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2017 at 3:11am
Sounds like a great direction! Welcome back!
Reefer4Ever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reefer4Ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2017 at 9:34am
Welcome aboard, I'm looking forward to your build and watch the progress of the tank and its inhabitants. Choosing to not run a skimmer is great idea, helps keep you focused on ensuring good husbandry is taking place. I think think there are many things we add to only do what we don't want to do. Good luck Aaron

Not sure where you live but I have a nice piece of LR in my sump and I'm sure I can get a cup of sand for you as well. I'm in South Weber. Let me know if you're interested.

Edited by Reefer4Ever - January 07 2017 at 9:35am
90 gal reef w/refugium
24 gal softie tank
11 gal nano anemone tank
5 gal fresh water
BADM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BADM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2017 at 4:42pm
How do we get to your flickr page?
BADM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BADM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2017 at 4:43pm
Nevermind, I found it!
BADM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BADM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2017 at 4:47pm
The pics of the powder blue head on are my favorite!  You have quite the skill for fish photography!  Hopefully we'll see some of those in the POTM posts! Thumbs Up
shaggydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaggydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2017 at 7:30pm
Thank you. Unfortunately I don't have my camera anymore, so I'm afraid my new shots will not be as good. But I'll still take them as I get started. Who knows, maybe I'll buy another good camera because I really enjoyed taking pictures. I spent countless hours taking and editing them.

For those that want to look, my Flickr page is my home page and it is at www.flickr.com/shaggydoo541
60g LPS Cube
sabeypets View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabeypets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2017 at 1:56pm
Welcome back!
Shaun
American Fork
"Would you leave a dead cat in your kitchen till tommorow?" Builderofdreams
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic