Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2017 LFS TOUR

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Hogie View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2017 LFS TOUR
    Posted: January 13 2017 at 1:13pm
The local fish tour is back and is going to be better then ever!! There will be lots of details coming out, but save the dates on your calendar now. There are going to be awesome prizes from the club and great deals from the stores.

Dates: March 3-4, 2017

UPDATE:
Hello Everyone! Thank you for being patient with the details of this awesome event coming up. We have talked to the stores and they are looking forward to the LFS Tour. This event has been going on for a couple of years now but this year we are changing it a bit and here is how.

Punch passes will have all of the stores participating in this year's tour on it. There will be a stores name in each square on card-stock. Anyone can purchase a pass for $5. You will then take that around to each store and receive a stamp on that store's square. Stores will also be handing a free item or giving specials discounts to those who have a card.   ONLY 1 CARD PER PERSON. If you have two cards in your hands no can do. Everyone that has a pass has to be present to have their pass stamped. The back of the pass will have information for the cardholder to fill out to be entered into a drawing. Once you have received a stamp from all of the stores, or as many as you are able to, please put it in the box at the closest store. If you need assistance, please ask the stores and they would be happy to help.

Passes will be available to purchase online starting Friday, January 27th, at the February banquet and the March 2nd meeting. Passes purchased online will be available for pickup at the March 2nd Meeting. Passes will also be available to buy at any of the local fish stores participating in the LFS Tour.

PRIZES:
For those who are able to visit all of the stores on the pass, you will be entered into the Grand Prize which will consist of a nano tank and stand. The stand has been graciously donated by Driftwood and we sincerely thank them for their time and craftsmanship in all of the tanks they have donated to WMAS throughout the years. We would like to thank Aquatic Dreams for donating a Red Sea 45 gallon tank that will be going with the driftwood stand. Coral life has also donated a bio cube tank and stand as well.

Those who are unable to visit all of the stores, or did not win in the grand prize drawing, will be entered into a Secondary Prize which consists of a BRS two part system and dosing pumps. We thank them for their support and contributions to WMAS as well. Other prizes may be announced between now and the event. Please keep checking back for updates.      

The stores have been finalized! Here is the list of the stores participating in this year's LFS Tour:
Where's Nemo
A Reef Oasis
Aquatic Evolution
Rusty's Reef
Reef On
Mark's Ark
Pets and Such
D and F's Salty Heaven
Live Rock n Reef
OCD Reefs
Reef Legends
Prettyman Exotics
Aquatic Dreams

Passes
are $5 and will be available the night of the banquet and are also
available for purchase online. Pickup for passes purchased online will
be available at the banquet and the meeting on March 2. Pictures of the
passes coming soon along with more reveals on prizes.

Below are Q and A but if you have additional questions please ask. Chances are someone has the same questions.

Q. Where can I get a pass?

A. Passes will be available for sale online starting Friday January 27th, at the banquet February 2 and also at our March 2nd meeting. If you are unable to buy the pass before the event, they will be available for purchase at the stores.

Q. Can I bring my family with me even though I bought one pass?

A. Yes please bring them! They will be able to participate in the store sales and games, but there will only be one stamp and one free item given for the punch pass portion of this event.

Q. Can there be more than one pass per family?

A. Of course. The passes are $5.00 per person. Each person wanting to participate in the drawings must have their own pass with them when getting a stamp. ONLY 1 PASS PER PERSON

Q. What happens when I fill out my whole punch pass or when I have completed all that I can?

A. You will give it to the last store you went to and they will be gathered up and put into a drawing for a series of grand prize drawings.

Q. What if I don't win in the grand prize drawings?

A. All of the passes that do not win in the grand prize drawings will be added to the secondary series of prizes and will have a chance of winning in that drawing. If you won a grand prize, your card will not be placed into the secondary series drawing.

Q. What if I don't make it to all of the stores?

A. We still want to support as many stores as possible in this event. Passes that have less than all of the stamps, AND those who did not win in the grand prize drawings will be entered into a secondary series of drawings.

Q. If I don't have a pass, can I be entered into the drawing for this event?

A. Only passes will be entered into the drawings and MUST have the contact information filled out on the back so we can contact you.

Download the Rules and MAP below!
PARTICIPANT INSTRUCTIONS AND MAP

Updated Map - 2/26

Edited by Krazie4Acans - February 28 2017 at 9:27pm
jdinchak View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2017 at 1:16pm
Sweet!
Reef Tour (11/4)

Holiday Potluck (12/7)
Hogie View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2017 at 1:19pm
Want a chance to win free dosing pumps with the full 2 part system?
Here's your chance!!

Bulk Reef Supply (www.bulkreefsupply.com) has generously donated a Two Part Total Package with Dosers ($205 valve)

(picture taken from bulkreefsupply.com)
phys View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2017 at 1:35pm
Cooool!
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2017 at 2:26pm
See now we are talking!
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
paul.brandon83 View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paul.brandon83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2017 at 2:55pm
#EXCITED!!!! :)
150 Gallon Reef
BADM View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BADM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2017 at 9:55pm
Hello Everyone!  Thank you for being patient with the details of this awesome event coming up.  We have talked to the stores and they are looking forward to the LFS Tour.  This event has been going on for a couple of years now but this year we are changing it a bit and here’s how.

Punch passes will have all of the stores participating in this year’s tour on it.  There will be a stores name in each square on cardstock.  Anyone can purchase a pass for $5.  You will then take that around to each store and receive a stamp on that store’s square.  Stores will also be handing a free item or giving specials discounts to those who have a card.   ONLY 1 CARD PER PERSON.  If you have two cards in your hand… no can do. Everyone that has a pass has to be present to have their pass stamped.  The back of the pass will have information for the cardholder to fill out to be entered into a drawing.  Once you have received a stamp from all of the stores, or as many as you are able to, please put it in the box at the closest store.  If you need assistance, please ask the stores and they would be happy to help.

Passes will be available to purchase online starting Friday, January 27th, at the February banquet and the March 2nd meeting.  Passes will also be available to buy at any of the local fish stores participating in the LFS Tour. 

PRIZES: For those who are able to visit all of the stores on the pass, you will be entered into the Grand Prize which will consist of a nano tank and stand.  The stand has been graciously donated by Driftwood and we sincerely thank them for their time and craftsmanship in all of the tanks they have donated to WMAS throughout the years. 

Those who are unable to visit all of the stores, or did not win in the grand prize drawing, will be entered into a Secondary Prize which consists of a BRS two part system and dosing pumps.  We thank them for their support and contributions to WMAS as well.  Other prizes may be announced between now and the event.  Please keep checking back for updates.                       

Below this post will be a Q and A but if you have additional questions please ask.  Chances are someone has the same questions.

BADM View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BADM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2017 at 10:08pm
Q and A

Q.  Where can I get a pass?

A.  Passes will be available for sale online starting Friday January 27th, at the banquet February 2 and also at our March 2nd meeting.  If you are unable to buy the pass before the event, they will be available for purchase at the stores.

Q. Can I bring my family with me even though I bought one pass?

A.  Yes please bring them!  They will be able to participate in the store sales and games, but there will only be one stamp and one free item given for the punch pass portion of this event.

Q.  Can there be more than one pass per family?

A.  Of course.  The passes are $5.00 per person. Each person wanting to participate in the drawings must have their own pass with them when getting a stamp.  ONLY 1 PASS PER PERSON

Q.  What happens when I fill out my whole punch pass or when I have completed all that I can?

A.  You will give it to the last store you went to and they will be gathered up and put into a drawing for a series of grand prize drawings. 

Q.  What if I don't win in the grand prize drawings?

A.  All of the passes that do not win in the grand prize drawings will be added to the secondary series of prizes and will have a chance of winning in that drawing.  If you won a grand prize, your card will not be placed into the secondary series drawing. 

Q.  What if I don't make it to all of the stores?

A.  We still want to support as many stores as possible in this event.  Passes that have less than all of the stamps, AND those who did not win in the grand prize drawings will be entered into a secondary series of drawings.

Q.  If I don't have a pass, can I be entered into the drawing for this event?

A.  Only passes will be entered into the drawings and MUST have the contact information filled out on the back so we can contact you. 

Edited by BADM - January 24 2017 at 10:12pm
A Reef Oasis View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Reef Oasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2017 at 11:09pm
Q. what do I have to do to get my pass stamped?
"oh crap where am I going to put that!" bstuver
theresawhite View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theresawhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2017 at 7:46am
Q: What if I forget to drop the card at my last fish store? Is there another way to turn in? Like can they bring with them to the next meeting?
BADM View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BADM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2017 at 8:08am
When you get to the stores, ask an employee and they will direct you to the spot where people can get their stamp. Most likely it will be at the register area or a designated table set up specifically for the tour.
BADM View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BADM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2017 at 8:12am
The cards need to be dropped off at the stores when the card is filled out or the person has gone to as many stores as they can. So please remember to drop them off at the box located at each store.
jdinchak View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2017 at 8:13am
Originally posted by BADM BADM wrote:

When you get to the stores, ask an employee and they will direct you to the spot where people can get their stamp. Most likely it will be at the register area or a designated table set up specifically for the tour.

I think he is asking what criteria is needed to get a stamp - just showing up, spending a certain amount?  
Reef Tour (11/4)

Holiday Potluck (12/7)
BADM View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BADM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2017 at 8:20am
Oh gotcha. Yep all you need to do is show up to get your pass stamped. No purchase in the store is necessary but these stores are going to have some pretty awesome stuff so definitely plan to look around. We will be posting pictures about a week before so look for those. Totally excited from what we saw last week as we traveled around the valley.
A Reef Oasis View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Reef Oasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2017 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by BADM BADM wrote:

Oh gotcha. Yep all you need to do is show up to get your pass stamped. No purchase in the store is necessary but these stores are going to have some pretty awesome stuff so definitely plan to look around. We will be posting pictures about a week before so look for those. Totally excited from what we saw last week as we traveled around the valley.
Yes, that is the answer!
"oh crap where am I going to put that!" bstuver
BADM View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BADM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2017 at 5:39pm
The stores have been finalized!  Here is the list of the stores participating in this year's LFS Tour:
Where's Nemo
A Reef Oasis
Aquatic Evolution
Rusty's Reef
Reef On
Mark's Ark
Pets and Such
D and F's Salty Heaven
Live Rock n Reef
OCD Reefs
Reef Legends
Prettyman Exotics
Aquatic Dreams

Passes are $5 and will be available the night of the banquet and are also available for purchase online.  Pickup for passes purchased online will be available at the banquet and the meeting on March 2. Pictures of the passes coming soon along with more reveals on prizes.
phys View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2017 at 7:10pm
Awesome!
Hogie View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2017 at 12:58pm
We're working on another sweet prize! It should be coming this week, so stay tuned for updates!
sabeypets View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabeypets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2017 at 11:03pm
what size of tank is the grand prize?
Shaun
American Fork
"Would you leave a dead cat in your kitchen till tommorow?" Builderofdreams
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2017 at 7:05am
I believe I heard it was a 29g nano.
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic