Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ST Spider Byte

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ST Spider Byte
    Posted: June 01 2017 at 2:16pm
Is anyone else watching the Steve Tyree spider bite thread on his facebook wall? There are some funny and scary comments going on it there.

Short story is that he was bit by a spider while in bed. Didn't find the spider only a leg until a few days later. He hates doctors and refuses to go see one but the spider bite got quite large, got blisters and is now turning black and the tissue dying. All of this just inches from his man parts.

I'm not sure which way I'm leaning on this one. Doctor because is looks really bad and could turn into something much worse or personal choice.
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2017 at 4:56pm
Oh geez, I would not leave that and I hate doctors as well. If its turned black and the tissue is dying he needs medical attention ASAP. It can be a flesh eating spider bite and they can cause major damage. Or something like the brown recluse not sure if they have those where he lives but not something to mess with!
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2017 at 6:37am
Ya, the black tissue has stopped and some healing is taking place now but he's now seeing signs of necrotic tissue and infection as he's waiting for the plug of black tissue to "fall out". It's really pretty gross some of the pictures he's posted but I worry for his health.

He could easily get SEPSIS (aka blood poisoning) from this as well as even Gangrene. He's going down the home remedy road for now and he is getting plenty of direction from the every corner of expertise from the ER Nurses to the essential oil reps.

I hope he gets it figured out. He's months into this issue and I can only imagine that his immune system is getting tired of fighting all of this stuff on it's own. I hope he's juicing all his fruits and veggies because he's gonna need all the natural boosts he can get.
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic