Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Seth's Biocube 29!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mombo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mombo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seth's Biocube 29!
    Posted: June 02 2017 at 8:12pm
First saltwater tank!  Rusty talked me into it while I was visiting his store last month haha.  Have a couple first pics.  Started cycling a little over 3 weeks ago now.  Ive been dosing the tank with ammonia to see how the bacteria growth is going and its consuming about 2ppm of ammonia in less then 24hr daily and the nitrites are being consumed daily as well.  So we added our first fish this week.

Well.... not sure how to make the pictures appear correctly.... So I guess yall will just have to tilt your heads! LOL

Aquaristnewbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquaristnewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2017 at 1:12am
Looking good! I just setup a biocube 14. Getting excited to stock it!
150 gallon Reef
Millcreek Utah

Mombo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mombo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2017 at 8:19am
Its awesome to finally have something in there.  I looked through your thread last night haha.  I am hoping to upgrade my lights as well.  Is your Biocube the Oceanic branded one?

You mentioned your flow being low.  One thing I did on mine was upgrade my return pump to the MJ1200 by Cobalt.  I think it helped alot.  I also fill my tank up above the max line on the side and made a mark on the inside so I can watch the water level.

I got the inTank media basket and refugium for the back section of mine.  I believe they make a set for your tank as well.  Mediabaskets.com is his site.

How are you liking the skimmer?  I havent decided on adding one yet.  I was worried about its size.
Aquaristnewbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquaristnewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2017 at 1:48pm
Yeah, I have the oceanic one. I have been thinking about upgrading the pump for more flow. I might do the 900 on mine. I have also been thinking of buying that basket. I really like the skimmer. It's quiet and works well. Fits perfectly in the hood so you can't see it. And it's only like 22 bucks. It takes up my first chamber but in the 29 I bet it would have more room.
150 gallon Reef
Millcreek Utah

Mombo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mombo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2017 at 7:27pm
How long would yall keep mixed saltwater?  I got my 5 gal container filled up but only used about 1 gal of it.  How soon do I need to use it?  Or can it just sit in there for quite a while?
chuckfu5 View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckfu5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2017 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by Mombo Mombo wrote:

How long would yall keep mixed saltwater?  I got my 5 gal container filled up but only used about 1 gal of it.  How soon do I need to use it?  Or can it just sit in there for quite a while?

It can sit in there for a long time. Just aerate it for a bit before you use it next time.
Mombo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mombo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2017 at 8:11am
What are yall running your salinity at?  I am at 1.024
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic