Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Corallimorph??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
omj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Corallimorph??
    Posted: June 06 2017 at 9:22pm
I was poking around my xenia the other day and saw what I think is Corallimorph (green tentacle?), I haven't added anything new to the tank for months, and as I looked around I was able to find a few more on a separate rock not attached to the xenia island.

Should I be concerned with this?  Thanks for your feedback!

That's what she said!
Wrogers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2017 at 8:04am
Shocked

Edited by Wrogers - June 18 2017 at 8:59am
Marcoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2017 at 8:21am
I would think that may be normal. You may have had a mushroom come in on the bottom of a coral or rock, and it gave off babies. I have new mushrooms spring up all the time. They are just as invasive as xenia in my case.  I have left mushrooms in outside of water for 24 hours, and they come back to life. They are invincible. 
RedSea Max S400 - 90G Rimless Frag Tanks x2 - 185 Lookdown Bin
Hogie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2017 at 10:17am
It's hard to see, but it looks like a majano. Good pics of that and see if that's it. If it is, they are like aptaisa and you don't want them in your tank
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2017 at 5:41pm
It looks like it could be a ball anemone, look those up and see if thats maybe what it is.
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
omj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2017 at 9:10pm
ball anemone looks closest, I'll keep an eye on them for growth and spreading.
That's what she said!
Hogie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2017 at 10:27am
Ball anemone is way better then majano if that's what it is! In my experience, I've never had a with ball nems taking over. It seems like more everything wins out over them.
sleepingdeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleepingdeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2017 at 11:57am
i would agree with ball anemone. Never had a problem. They showed up when my tank was new and went away over time.
omj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2017 at 6:24pm
Thanks for all your help!
That's what she said!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic