Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Out w/ the old in with the New - 125

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chevmaro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevmaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Out w/ the old in with the New - 125
    Posted: September 08 2017 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by Reefboy4life Reefboy4life wrote:

I would consider a little larger skimmer I don't feel my curve 5 is sufficient for my 90

Planning on it.  The Curve 5 just overflows and annoy's me too often anyway.  Just taking it from my 55 for now.
Reefboy4life View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reefboy4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2017 at 8:52pm
I would consider a little larger skimmer I don't feel my curve 5 is sufficient for my 90
90 gallon mixed reef
Chevmaro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevmaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2017 at 4:28pm
Hey guys, I am taking down my 55 gallon and 40 breeder in place of a 125g.  I'm actually sad to see the 55 go.  It has been up for three years and was a struggle for 2 of those, yet prevailed in the end.  I'm actually surprised i stuck with it lol.  I had dyno, cyano, GHA problems.  I have the 55 running really well right now and don't want to mess with it, but the wife wants Kitchen upgrades so it needs to be taken down.  We will be putting the 125 in the Family room.  I am currently working on painting the stand and building a sump.  I hope to have water in it within the next two weeks.  

My equipment will be as follows:
2x Mars Aqua Chinese LED, 2x 60" T5 Blue Plus
Rio 14HF Return Pump 
4 Koralia powerheads 
Jebao Wave Maker
Bubble Magus Curve 5 Protein Skimmer
55 Gallon Sump w/ large Chaeto chamber
Gravity fed ATO
Eheim 300 watt heater
BRS Dual Reactor Carbon/GFO

I am a little excited for the 125, it will give my GSP, Xenia and button polyps room to grow.  I know most of you don't like softies but I hope they grow like wild fire lol.  Softies Rule! Tongue

Please share any advice in moving my rocks, crushed coral, softies corals and  fish into the new tank.  I want as little impact as possible and hope I can avoid problems of the past.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic